Braves in FIRST Place!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Time for a new Braves thread, which only seems fitting, now that they are in 1st place! No doubt they are "Back on Track"! Now my question is, how long can this last?

I will be rooting for them til my last breath, but right now I am kind of Holding it. Every game to me is exciting, but this series going on with the Phillies is INTENSE! Maybe(Probably) the most intense series we have had so far........

I have no doubt that we have a good enough TEAM to win it all, but so do a few other TEAMS; even within our own division. It will come down to which team Gets It Done!
AKA Which team Executes at that moment of truth, when it is on the line, Every Day!

No sitting back now! We are just getting started!

GO BRAVES!

CollinsCraft77

We have the pitching depth.

It will all depend on the bats. As long as we don't go back to half the lineup in a prolonged slump, we should be competetive.

Your right, it is fun to watch right now. Went Friday night, and even though we had the long rain delay, the crowd still had a buzz to it. I'll be watching and can't wait till next month for interleague games. I got tickets to see the Rays and Tigers when they come. It's nice to actually be looking forward to baseball games these days.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
We have the pitching depth.

It will all depend on the bats. As long as we don't go back to half the lineup in a prolonged slump, we should be competetive.

Your right, it is fun to watch right now. Went Friday night, and even though we had the long rain delay, the crowd still had a buzz to it. I'll be watching and can't wait till next month for interleague games. I got tickets to see the Rays and Tigers when they come. It's nice to actually be looking forward to baseball games these days.

You are exactly Right! The pitching is definitely good enough, but NO Pitching is good enough without run support!

Doc_Holliday23

The Phillies are going through what we went through about a month ago. They played some crappy teams at the beginning of the year and built a comfy lead. Now they're not scoring and they're playing better teams and we got the opportunity to play the Pirates a lot. :)

The Phillies will snap out of it and the Braves won't score 7 runs per game for the rest of the year. That's why pitching is so important. One great thing is that we've been doing very well without Jair Jurrjens. Kris Medlen has done superbly filling in the 5th spot in the rotation. Bobby will have a fun decision deciding who, Medlen or KK, goes back to the 'pen when JJ gets back. Phillies have the best pitcher in the game, but the Braves have the better rotation and they definitely have the better bullpen.

I have a feeling the race is going to stay very close all year and the two teams will probably swap in and out of 1st in the East. Hopefully we can keep dodging Halladay when we play the Phils, too. :)

Sweetwater

How bout that? three run shot in the pouring down rain...

That was a MONSTER shot.

Glaus...from goat to hottest hitter in the show in 3 short weeks. Amazing and good for him.

gsubo

Braves doin great right now..only problem I see..Chipper! His bat looks slow and he looks tired. he's late on every fastball and striking out and lunging at offspeed pitches. We have no production out of our number 3 guy. We need to do something.

Arrow3

Go Braves!!! :yeah:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good to see the Atlanta Braves back to winning again with this 7 game winning streak & remaining in 1st place for their division by 1.5 games. According to the MLB standings, the Braves have won the last 8 out of 10 games. On the Sunday night local TV news, I thought I heard at that time they had won 15 out of their last 19 games which should make it now winning 17 out of their last 21 games. I guess time will tell how mature the Braves really are & if they can handle being in 1st place with a big target on their back with the rest of their division teams gunning for them even more now. Hope they sustain their 1st place standing to show some stable consistency for a while so let's enjoy it while we can.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/

Really surprised to see the Phillies in such a slump, so hope the Braves can take advantage of it right now & get the 3-game sweep for the series with a win today.

Next game reminder for today is an early start:

Wednesday, June 2 vs Phillies 1:05 PM SPSO

DSGB

They're doing what they need to do while the Phils are struggling. I think it'll be a close race that comes down to who's the hottest down the stretch.

BornToHuntAndFish

mikep

Yeah the Braves are definitely looking good. My marlins are behind by a little bit, but their bats seem to be picking up. Even though they lost to the Phillys on Saturday night, I got to see a perfect game in person. How cool is that!

jmar28

Well I'm going to say it.......

But I am eating some serious crow right now about Glaus!!!!

And its pretty good to

Keep it up Santa Glaus!!!!

Doc_Holliday23

Braves doin great right now..only problem I see..Chipper! His bat looks slow and he looks tired. he's late on every fastball and striking out and lunging at offspeed pitches. We have no production out of our number 3 guy. We need to do something.

Chipper didn't have a bad May overall (.265, 1 HR, 6 2B, 15 RBI, 21 BB) but he's got a 5 game hitting streak and he has 8 RBI in his last 7 games. Seems to be coming around, plus he's ALWAYS on base, which is part of the reason Glaus had 28 RBI in May.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Chipper didn't have a bad May overall (.265, 1 HR, 6 2B, 15 RBI, 21 BB) but he's got a 5 game hitting streak and he has 8 RBI in his last 7 games. Seems to be coming around, plus he's ALWAYS on base, which is part of the reason Glaus had 28 RBI in May.

I too have been wondering about Chipper(Alot), but he slapped a homer the other day, got a bunch of hits recently AND stole a Base!
No more worries..........hes good.:clap:

Currently, McLouth has been making me :banginghe He too is one of my faves and as we all know, he has come through in the Clutch several times, including that amazing walk off homer.
Right now, Pitchers have him Pegged! He has Got to try hitting to Left Field........if he does that, he will start racking up on the Doubles.......I wonder what Pendleton has been working with him on?

Latest posts