Braves in FIRST Place!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The Bravos pretty much gave tonight's game away when they gave Kawakami the start.

This division is going to come down to the last weekend of the regular season. That will be one sweet weekend of baseball.

:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe I sure hope this is the LAST STRAW! Why in the world he came back from a struggling lower league performance is beyond me:huh:

Surely we have SOMEBODY down below who could have come up and done better..........I would have felt better having Ankiel back on the mound rather than one sorry apples of a pitcher Kawakami has been.:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

This was not even painful, it was PITIFUL! Even the look on Bobby's face last night was like-"what the heck am I doing putting this sorry sack of duds back out there?".........BC looked Embarrassed, and I hope Wren felt Embarrassed too........Dear Lord please let this be the LAST TIME I see KK out on the mound as a Brave::;

I wish KK well, but I also wish him Somewhere else!
Any team coming up against the Braves with KK on the mound is going to feel like they have the game in the bag, before it ever starts.

In case you have not noticed, I am as frustrated as I have been this whole season.

seaweaver

but...there is a one game difference!
I was asking what Nate was doing in the line up...and then he contributes.
cw

DSGB

Tough loss after coming back from down 5 to tie it. At least the Phils lost, too.
I hope Logan Morrison is alright after getting drilled with that foul ball. I guess it was enough to distract O'Flaherty, who gave up a double to Bonafacio on the next pitch with an 0-2 count. Logan's replacement came through with the game winner.
Good to see McClouth hitting some balls hard. They made some great defensive plays on him, especially that catch in center by Maybin to possibly rob him of a grand slam.

DSGB

Braves seem to be treading water, but lost ground due to the Phils' win in the second game of the double-header.
They are leaving too many men on base. It's tough when you are out-hitting your opponent, but losing the games.
They need to take advantage of the fact that we are playing the Pirates!

drhunter1

Braves are masters of playing down to their competition when it counts. This is no time to making the pitcher with HIGHEST ERA in the majors, look like Sandy Koufax.

The D Lee experiment is over. He cannot hit with power and he hits very little in the clutch. I swear it seems like everything we have tried to do has backfired. D Lee was supposed to be what we needed. I believed it and thought it was a good deal. Now I am second guessing that.

This is pathetic baseball.

Resica

Braves are masters of playing down to their competition when it counts. This is no time to making the pitcher with HIGHEST ERA in the majors, look like Sandy Koufax.

The D Lee experiment is over. He cannot hit with power and he hits very little in the clutch. I swear it seems like everything we have tried to do has backfired. D Lee was supposed to be what we needed. I believed it and thought it was a good deal. Now I am second guessing that.

How ironic, the Phils seem to do the same thing.:eek:

livetohunt

It was only a matter of time til the Philly's took over first place. Now let's keep our fingers crossed the Braves can win the wildcard. It is going to be tough with no power hitters to drive in the Infante, Hayward, and Prato.

DSGB

The NL East won't be decided until the last two weeks of the season, unless one team gets a 6+ game lead in the next week and a half. The Phillies and Braves face off six of the last 12 games, ending with a three game set in Atlanta. Don't count anyone out yet.

drhunter1

The NL East won't be decided until the last two weeks of the season, unless one team gets a 6+ game lead in the next week and a half. The Phillies and Braves face off six of the last 12 games, ending with a three game set in Atlanta. Don't count anyone out yet.

I agree, but it is difficult to think that the Braves can do it given the fact that they left 30+ men on base against the worst team in Baseball. We still have one game to go. Thats pretty bad.

BornToHuntAndFish

Sorry to see the Braves slip to 2nd place, but at least they have something more to get them motivated back to winning. Atlanta has not been doing as well since the All-Star break, but at least they held on to 1st place much longer & had more sustained winning performances than I initially expected early in the season.

Resica is probably a happy camper with the Phils moving into 1st.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

Last night when Dlee was up with bases loaded I watched him watch 2 pitches go by, right down the middle:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Can we PLEASE put Glaus back on first? Seems as though Lee is scared to swing at the first pitch.........I have seen tooo many first pitch strikes to him go right down the middle......I think alot of our players could learn a thing or two from Melkys attempts to go the other way. Since Derek cannot catch up to a fast ball, he could at least try to start hitting it the other way......he should have enough power to get one over the fence to the opposite field.....so far he has not hit one out of the park as a Brave, unless I have missed it.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Big lead tonight in the 3rd. Let's not put it in cruise though, we need this win and a certain recent game comes to mind...

Meriwether Mike

The Braves just started their playoff baseball early. :banginghe Hope they can right the ship.