Braves in FIRST Place!

drhunter1

Venters was a STARTER in the minors, in my opinion ANY major league pitcher should be able to pitch more than ONE inning.

He's been a reliever all year and the most used one at that. I don't think he's pitched 2 consecutive innings all year long. If it were something he should do, why doesn't he do it more often?

Blue Iron

Banned
He's been a reliever all year and the most used one at that. I don't think he's pitched 2 consecutive innings all year long. If it were something he should do, why doesn't he do it more often?

I've asked that question several times! I'm like Doc, I'd rather have a 2nd inning Venters than a fresh Farnsworth.

Doc_Holliday23

Because he usually doesn't have to. The bullpen roles are pretty clearly defined. Moylan is the 7th inning guy, either Venters or Saito in the 8th depending on who is coming up to bat, and obviously Wagner in the 9th.

By the way, huge comeback win today. It hasn't been pretty but it was nice to bounce back and win the series with the pesky marlins. That kind of comeback win could also be pretty demoralizing for the Phillies. Here's hoping they give one back tonight.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Because he usually doesn't have to. The bullpen roles are pretty clearly defined. Moylan is the 7th inning guy, either Venters or Saito in the 8th depending on who is coming up to bat, and obviously Wagner in the 9th.

By the way, huge comeback win today. It hasn't been pretty but it was nice to bounce back and win the series with the pesky marlins. That kind of comeback win could also be pretty demoralizing for the Phillies. Here's hoping they give one back tonight.

HOLY COW!!! I cannot believe you guys are not going NUTS about this one:crazy:

Maybe its just another Come from behind, last at Bat WIN:eek:

SIMPLY AMAZING..........This kind of stuff is simply Amazing. I think we got a boost we really needed and this shows just how Good and Deep the Braves whole team is. Cruddy start from the pitcher(AGAIN), but the TEAM Made it happen.

All the series left are BIG, starting tonight with the Mets.............GO BRAVES!!

redlevel

Dodgers one-hit the Phillies one to nothing.

Braves bury mets, now lead Phillies by three full games again.

DSGB

The top of the lineup is getting it done! :clap:

Great game for Heyward with another 4 RBI performance. His base running instincts and flat out hustle have impressed me the most. :cheers:

DSGB

Minor is getting "squeezed" pretty hard tonite. Some terrible calls.

Yep. Heyward got rung up on a pitch that Minor wasn't getting. He still managed to throw 61 of his 104 pitches for strikes.
A couple lasers hit in the fifth (Heyward and Ross) after that error by Castillo. Good to see Lee getting it going.
They are getting hits with RISP. As long as they keep that up, they should continue to win.

Yep. Heyward got rung up on a pitch that Minor wasn't getting. He still managed to throw 61 of his 104 pitches for strikes.
A couple lasers hit in the fifth (Heyward and Ross) after that error by Castillo. Good to see Lee getting it going.
They are getting hits with RISP. As long as they keep that up, they should continue to win.

If I was a Little League coach I'm make a clip of that error, so every time you told them to "get down on the ball" they would understand why.

That was about as good "through the wicket" as you will ever see.

Last 2 nights have had some pretty hitting. The homers are nice, but those solid hits to the outfield are putting up the runs.

Looks to me like all the batters are showing a lot more patience, going deeper into the count to get a good pitch.

BornToHuntAndFish

After their win earlier today, it ought to make Resica happy that the Phils won & cut the 1st place Braves lead from 3 down to 2.5 now.

After the hot hitting & scoring last nite, was expecting Atlanta to have a less stellar, slower going game tonight but at the end of the 1st Braves are winning 2 to 0 already.

Looks like Lowe will be rehabbing his sore arm & not pitching this week so Kamakami will be filling in. I never feel good or positive with either pitching since neither have been winning much this season.

Blue Iron

Banned
After their win earlier today, it ought to make Resica happy that the Phils won & cut the 1st place Braves lead from 3 down to 2.5 now.

After the hot hitting & scoring last nite, was expecting Atlanta to have a less stellar, slower going game tonight but at the end of the 1st Braves are winning 2 to 0 already.

Looks like Lowe will be rehabbing his sore arm & not pitching this week so Kamakami will be filling in. I never feel good or positive with either pitching since neither have been winning much this season.

I'd lots rather have Lowe....

Glad to see Hanson throw 7 innings of 1 hit ball tonight.

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, I know what you mean. Seems like the team does not rally around & produce runs when KK's pitching.

Wow, good to see J-Hey go 4 for 4 already tonight, but also for the 4th time this season, even despite the close call of him being thrown out trying to steal a base just now.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

Yea, me too.................hopefully, this time he will get a win...........does he have any yet?:huh: