Call your State Reps TODAY, have them support HB 60!

DocGlenn

Thanks to your active help and involvement, the Georgia Senate passed House Bill 60 with an additional amendment by a 37-18 vote last night. Your support is still needed, however, to ensure that this comprehensive pro-gun reform receives a vote of concurrence in the state House TOMORROW before the General Assembly adjourns. Please contact your state Representative immediately and urge him or her to agree to HB 60.

The Senate amended HB 60 by adding the legalization of hunting with a suppressed firearm, which your NRA supports, but also unfortunately changed legal carry in churches to opt-in with a $100 fine for infractions. Even with these changes, your NRA fully supports HB 60 as the most comprehensive pro-gun bill in Georgia state history.

If passed and enacted into law, HB 60 would do the following:
•Remove fingerprinting for renewal of Weapons Carry Licenses (WCL).
•Prohibit the state from creating and maintaining a database of WCL holders.
•Create an absolute defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack.
•Remove the sweeping restrictions on legally carrying a firearm with a WCL in churches and bars, leaving this decision to private property owners.
•Lower the age to obtain a concealed WCL for self-defense from 21 to 18 for active duty military, with specific training.
•Allows for the use of firearm sound suppressors while hunting.
•Repeal the unnecessary and duplicative state-required license for a firearms dealer, instead requiring only a Federal Firearms License (FFL).
•Prohibit a ban on firearms in public housing, ensuring that the right to self-defense should not be infringed based on where one calls home.
•Codify the ability to legally carry, with a WCL, in sterile/non-secure areas of airports.
•Include a provision that would have the state report those persons who have been involuntarily hospitalized or have been adjudicated mentally deficient to the NICS system while also providing an ability for relief through an application process to the court system for the purpose of restoration of rights.
•State that under a declared state of emergency, all law-abiding gun owners will not have their Second Amendment rights restricted or infringed by executive authority through Emergency Powers protection.
•Strengthen current firearms preemption statutes through further clarification of the regulatory authority of local governments, excluding firearm discharge ordinances.

Enactment of HB 60 this year is absolutely critical for the advancement of your Second Amendments rights as a law-abiding gun owner in Georgia. Please contact your state Representative TODAY to agree to HB 60, and forward this alert to family, friends and other fellow gun owners in Georgia and urge them to do the same

jimbo1187

Banned
Not so sure it will pass. I'm really hoping it does, but there's too much in it. I think they'll get hung up on the age thing...

BornToHuntAndFish

In case you're interested, here's a bit more info I saw today . . .

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/13956509535vn01hsq2vh

Georgia Suppressor Hunting Bill Passes Legislature, Goes to Governor

Monday, March 24, 2014

AND

http://gov.georgia.gov/webform/contact-governor-domestic-form

Governor Nathan Deal
Office of the Governor

Contact the Governor (Domestic Form)

sealGov1.png

:bounce:

whchunter

Sent

Sent my message of support to Gov Deal. It was easy and I pray all of you send a message as well. :cool:

flounder

Who carry's their piece into church? Absurd. If you do, you got issues.

if you don't, you might have issues as well ;

updated 10/3/2006 7:13:59 AM ET 2006-10-03T11:13:59
Print Font: +-NICKEL MINES, Pa. — A milk-truck driver carrying three guns and a childhood grudge stormed a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday, sent the boys and adults outside, barricaded the doors with two-by-fours, and then opened fire on a dozen girls, killing three people before committing suicide. Early Tuesday, two more children died of wounds, a hospital spokeswoman and state police said.

At least five other victims were critically wounded, authorities said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15105305/...fter-amish-schoolhouse-shooting/#.Uz7lucJOWt8

"On December 9, 2007 a 24-year-old gunman named Matthew Murray launched a brutal assault on the parishioners of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs (Colo.) that left two innocent victims dead. Because of the quick actions of a former police officer from Minnesota named Jeanne Assam, that number could easily have been much, much higher.

http://blutube.policeone.com/police...eanne-assam-and-the-new-life-church-shooting/

AURORA — Investigators released the name of the man Tuesday who shot and killed the mother of the pastor at a church Sunday afternoon.

Aurora Police say Kiarron Parker, 29, of Denver, shot and killed Josephine Echols, 67, just before 3 p.m. outside the Destiny Christian Center in the 10600 block of E. Bethany Dr. That’s not too far from Parker Rd. and Havana St.

Parker had a lengthy criminal record.

An off-duty Denver police officer shot and killed Parker. The officer is the cousin of Pastor DeLono Straham, and nephew of Josephine Echols.

Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson says the officer is Antonio Milow, who has been with Denver Police for six years.

On Monday night, about 100 family and friends came together to remember 67-year-old Josephine Echols, known as Mama Jo, at a candlelight vigil outside New Destiny Church where she died a day earlier.

On Sunday afternoon, Parker shot Mama Jo five times just as church services were ending.

Her family says she died doing what she did her whole life—helping others.

“It was horrible. Screams. It was surreal,” says Straham.

When evil arrived outside the doors of New Destiny Church, one of its angels died, trying to help a man who ended up killing her.

“He comes flying down and hits, rams into a car,” says Tarell Martin, who was outside the church when he heard a car screeching and the impact of it hitting one car, which ricocheted off another car.

Martin went inside the church to get help.

“She was asked to come out and check and see if the gentleman was okay. From what I understand, he pulled the gun on the staff and just began to shoot,” says Straham.

Martin says he was the first one out. And he saw Parker standing by a bus, hiding behind a bus.

“When he sees me, he starts walking toward his car, I didn’t know it was his car. Along with me and some of the other people, I think he was trying to guide us into the middle of the street and try to shoot us. Once we got into the street, that’s exactly what he did,” says Martin. “He pulled out the gun and started chasing us.”

Martin ran and Parker fired at him. But the gun didn’t work. He TRIPPED.

“When I fell to the ground I was trying to get up, he was already over the top of me with a gun to my head, and he started shooting again and no bullets came out,” he says.

That gave him enough time to hide behind a car.

Then, the bullets started raining, and hit Mama Jo.

That’s when an off-duty Denver policeman—also Mama Jo’s nephew—shot the suspect dead.

“Thank God for him because if it wasn’t for him there’s no telling what would have happened,” says Martin.

http://kdvr.com/2012/04/24/police-identify-man-who-shot-killed-pastors-mother-at-church/

just saying...kind regards, terry

:flag:

flounder

Like I told some other out-of-staters, why don't you take care of your state and let us take care of Georgia.

watch out now, I am one of those out-of-staters, and I'm on your side :D

this gun issue is a National issue, not just a state issue. we must stick together, all that believe in the 2nd Amendment, republicans, democrat, and even those teabaggers :whip: in the middle :hair: :cheers:

kind regards,
terry

dick7.62

watch out now, I am one of those out-of-staters, and I'm on your side :D

this gun issue is a National issue, not just a state issue. we must stick together, all that believe in the 2nd Amendment, republicans, democrat, and even those teabaggers :whip: in the middle :hair: :cheers:

kind regards,
terry

:D I wasn't talking about you because you are on our side. I feel like you are one of us. :cheers:

LittleDrummerBoy

Who carry's their piece into church? Absurd. If you do, you got issues.

We moved to Colorado soon after the shooting at New Life church. Why not carry everywhere? Also keep in mind that not carrying at church also means either leaving the gun at home or in the car.

We attend a big church and the walk from the parking lot to the church is hundreds of yards, sometimes in the dark. I've always adhered closely to the concealed carry laws, but to me it makes more sense to allow citizens to remain armed going to and from church.

The proposed law doesn't force churches to allow concealed carry, it just puts the power to allow or prohibit concealed carry in the hands of the property owners rather than the gov't.