Care packages

FESTUSHAGGIN

Ill just go ahead and post this here on a new thread. we are in the process of gettin a package ready for robert, jewles's son. if you want to contribute anything to this care package, or if you know anyone else who you would like to send one to. i am organizing a group within this community. with the rsources of all of us and our ability when we can. i propose that we make this a regular thing. i will myself try to send something every couple of weeks. if yall want to either contribute stuff or if you want to send money and i will purchase stuff. and i would just like to say if you arent comfortable with money thats fine. i am an honest person and it will go to the right place but if you dont want to do that i undersdtand. we can arantge meeting places to pick up the supplies you would like to send. pm me with anything you would like to contribute or give me an address of a soldier you would like a package sent to. we will try to make sure as many of our fighters will get a little piece of home. this is something i really care about and would like any help from you that i may get. :flag:

p.s. can someone stick this for me.

General Lee

Can you list some things that he need/wants?I'd be glad to send some myself.Thanks,Festus

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Festus PM sent.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Great Job Guys!

Fest,

Do you happen to have a list of what you already have and are still needing? I will be happy to pick up a few things as well as having ton's of hunting mags and videos!

Let me know,

FESTUSHAGGIN

i got some cans of cornbeef hash, tuna in the packets, ramen noodles, toiletries, beenie weenies, i have a few magazines my wife just went through and threw a bunch of mine away. we could use crackers more tuna more beef hash just whatever you want to send i want to send a bunch of letters i think that is one of the most important things. if yall have any sunglasses that yall arent using im sure that would be a big help to them. some sort of moisturizer. they are in the closest thing to h### on earth.
i found a good link that list stuff that they need and wanthttp://www.badgersden.com/MaysFamily/Soldiers/Items.htm

FESTUSHAGGIN

I have had good progress with this effort. i want to thank everyone on here who has and will contribute to this cause you know who you are and i will make a formal thank you later. i have had some good progress from people in my community. i have a couple of schools involved and a boy scout troop not to mention my own family. we should be able to get alot of letters and some goodies to send over. i am picking some stuff up from some of you next week and to leave an opportunity for any body at the cherokee shindig i will probably mail the first package next week either thursday or friday. if you want to send anything pm and we can make some arrangements. i have a few things but i am going shopping again this weekend after i get paid. thanks again to all who have helped.

jeclif

I just sent you a money order for my beer money for next month
HEY YOU GUYS THAT ARE PIKEING MATCH THAT :flag:

southernclay

Festus, There is an envelope on the way from Georgiaboy and I. Thanks

FESTUSHAGGIN

Much appreciated. i just want to thank evveryone who has helped so far. I am not gonna go on here and list every body that has helped but I would just like to say that I have been very pleased with the response to this cause. I plan to continue this for as long as I possibly can even if it means just a letter or two. so any continued support will be welcomed and greatly appreciated. I do not make a lot of money and the contributions yall have made have made a huge difference. I probably would not have been able to do near what I have done if it werent for all of yall. when i get home tonight I am gonna compile everything I have and get it ready to ship out tomorrow. so far I probably have enough stuff to send two maybe three packages. and like i said I hope to continue this on for as long as i financially am able. thanks from my family and our soldiers. I will keep everyone posted as to any responses I get from the soldiers. I have gotten a lot of support from people around my community. My wife works for a school and a bunch of the students and teachers have written letters and drwan pictures to send. I help with a Boy cout troop and they have all written letters. so it hopefully will be a comfort to everyone over there that gets to see this. maybe it will be a little piece from home that can give them the strength to carry on. I have already gotten a few letters from some of you to send. if you would like to write a letter for me to send or if you want send yourself pm and i will give you my address or roberst address as well. thanks again
Wesley

fasn8nmom

I found this thread just today. It is a great thing you are doing. My children and I "adopted" a soldier over the summer ourselves. They REALLY do appreciate getting care packages and letters from home. I admire what you are doing.

FESTUSHAGGIN

I have just spoken with a woman whi is a member of the red hat society. it is some sort of a womens group for women over fifty. any way what I was trying to get at is they have a fund raiser going called boots for troops. I am gonna contact the head of the orginization today to see if i can work in conjunction with her. she has got contacts with a lot of large corporations such as colgate and other companies like them. they donate large quantities of toiletry supplies. Maybe I can get some help from them as well. I think that would be awesome. I went to church lasty night so i didnt get a chance to sort through eerything last night. i am gonna go through it all tonight and i will post some pic of everything that we have gotten so far. once again i am impressed with the response that i have gotten for this cause. A HUGE THANK YOU