Chestnuts

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
they are not in the Cornelia or Commerce store yet. According to the website, they will be in all Walmarts that are getting them by tomorrow.

win280

Picked up 6 at the Conyers store last night. Clerk said he unloaded the truck on Monday P.M. and they hadn't been checked in until yesterday.Good looking trees

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
not in Cornelia or Commerce yet. I checked again this afternoon. I will check again tomorrow.

2 UP

not in Cornelia or Commerce yet. I checked again this afternoon. I will check again tomorrow.

If you don't have any luck finding some let me know. I'll check more stores around me and get you a few. I wouldn't have known about them if is wasn't about you

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
yeah! I called again to the Commerce store, and they got it 2 pallets of them. I went there tonight and and picked up 3 of them. These are nice trees about 5 ft tall and the size of a nickel. They have a couple of branches off of them too. Some of the trees still had last years leaves attached to them, like the ones I planted last year still do.

I am going to plant them in the morning. Maybe I can post a picture up showing how they look. Now all I need is 3 or 4 years for them to start producing.

Pappy

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If you don't have any luck finding some let me know. I'll check more stores around me and get you a few. I wouldn't have known about them if is wasn't about you

Thank you for the very kind offer, but I was able to pick some up at Commerce tonight. They look like really nice trees.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Cornelia store has them now. We only counted about 12 there so you better hurry if you want some of them.

redka

The recommended spacing for the Dunstan trees is 30-40 feet apart in groups to get good pollination and nut production.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
that is how I set mine out. Completed another square so I should get good pollination. Plus I have 3 bee hives within 100 ft of the trees.

pine nut

I picked up five from Winder Wal-Mart yesterday. They had twenty before I left with my five. Thanks for the heads up on these trees!

dtala

I got mine today in Tuscaloosa. Nice trees. They also had some good Sawtooth Oaks for $24.95 that were 7-9 foot tall.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I hope thousands of them get planted. It would be really neat to see the chestnut tree make a come back.

win280

I planted my 6 on Sat as well as a fig and plum tree also.Didn't want to worry about the roots freezing overnite on Sat/Sun/Mon.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Planted and mulched mine on Saturday morning. It sure got cold enough to do some damage if they were still in the buckets I think.

2 UP

I put mine in the garage. Hope they'll be ok til next weekend. Did ya'll use tree tubes?

Last edited: