CLOSED: Gun Ban List Is Out -------------

ugadeer

I believe there are some quotes i will share from Thomas Jefferson that are very relevant here:

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference. "

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories "

"For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.
"

"It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own."

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
"

I will stop with those as i'm sure some are tired of reading......and i will end with a great one that we should all stand by, as one to protect.....

"FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS".......Charlton Heston

bankwalker

I am in favor of this ban IF, and I mean IF, we can also have another sunset provision. Giving up those weapons for 10 years will be a small price to pay compared to where the country will be if Democrats maintain control of Congress beyond 2010.

would like to ask Mr. Holder where in the Constitution it says, "In order that the people may maintain sporting activities, the right of the people to keep and bear of arms shall not be infringed."

chris.jackson

I am in favor of this ban IF, and I mean IF, we can also have another sunset provision. Giving up those weapons for 10 years will be a small price to pay compared to where the country will be if Democrats maintain control of Congress beyond 2010.

would like to ask Mr. Holder where in the Constitution it says, "In order that the people may maintain sporting activities, the right of the people to keep and bear of arms shall not be infringed."

The legislation proposed by this administration is permanant. The sunset will be on us.

ugadeer

we need not be in a mode of even slight compromise.........we have given up enough with our current laws, all of which are permanant......we need to stick together, donate, share our opinion with those who are willing to listen and make our voice heard.......there are 80million of us........if they pass this even in an abbreviated version, they are giving us the house in 2010 and they know it..........

codep

Well I say we sell all of our guns to the gang bangers and thugs before they TRY to take them from us, they are going to end up with them anyway then we can all sit back and watch the new president have fun trying to control the crime, because we all know when they take our guns away from us crime as we know it will greatly reduce (I call ****) hey at least we can recover some of our money from the gangsters!:rofl::rofl:

bankwalker

The legislation proposed by this administration is permanant. The sunset will be on us.

The legislation proposed by the Clinton Administration was permanent, too. The sunset provision was negotiated during the process. I am merely stating the obvious - sometimes you have to give an inch to gain an advantage.

I like the narrow minded approach that Holder seems to be taking in regards to framing the right the right to bear arms as "sporting". The idea that the people should not be allowed to own the same types of firearms as the police or military ought to fail any constitutional test. Is he going to argue the framers intended the people to own muskets for eternity?

bankwalker

we need not be in a mode of even slight compromise.........we have given up enough with our current laws, all of which are permanant......we need to stick together, donate, share our opinion with those who are willing to listen and make our voice heard.......there are 80million of us........if they pass this even in an abbreviated version, they are giving us the house in 2010 and they know it..........

My idea is not a compromise. It is a trap.

cheez

More unfounded fear mongering. This is the same list that was going around last month only this time someone had enough sense to change the date to something current. If in fact something like this is looming it will not be difficult to find information about it like this is.:stir::banginghe

Buano

Ever Hear of "Misinformation"?

Some are going to hate this post. The truth can have that effect, especially when it causes someone to THINK.

I read the above post & comments with wonder. Wonder that so many can react with predictable reflexive actions to something that hasn't even been proposed. The fear mongers are having fun!

Proposals, whether in Washington or in the states, have bill numbers and sponsor lists. The bill numbers are there so "progress" of the proposal can be tracked & sponsors are there so they can claim credit for something they think is important.

I look to this list as another half-baked attempt to stir up support the Republican Party, yes the party that instituted the last round of "increased fees & restrictions" on guns when they added DOD licenses to the required purchases for gunsmiths. These costs are passed to us every time we make a purchase.

It should be noted that only ONE Democratic senator will still as much as suggest gun restrictions, that being Chuck Schumer of NY City, and if he didn't, he would never be re-elected. The Democratic party learned its' lesson the hard way after they passed the last "assault weapon ban" & got thrown out of office. Since they want to stay in power long enough to do some good this time, party leaders will keep gun bans OFF THE AGENDA.

Reaction to the last ban led to a monumental increase in the revenue of the NRA and of Republican fundraisers targeting gun owners. I am very sad to say I believe these groups would rather spread false-fears than lose their money stream. They are addicted to cash from gun owners as much as Washington is addicted to our tax dollars. I credit these 2 groups, AND THEIR SUPPORTERS, with starting and maintaining these internet misinformation campaigns. I credit them because they are the ONLY ones I see with an incentive to spread such rumors.

If such a law is proposed I will join with those fighting to defeat the proposal before it ever becomes law, and if necessary, fighting to repeal such a law that is enacted. Until then, I will not join the fear brigade of panic buyers that don't know the difference between a legislative proposal & a political hack-job.

I suggest others put such anonymous "proposals" in the same category as emails from the ex-finance minister of Nigeria who will pay you $300,000 to handle a transaction for you once you send him $100 for an agency license.

Last edited:

Mingo

Banned
Don't even worry about it we'll wipe them all out in the first battle. Now the yanks & the yupps might have it rough, but we here in Georgia will be like Nathan Bedford Forrest & his 7th Tennessee..... Ghost Riders in the mountains......

As for a bill #, I believe that HR45 is one that might be relevant. It's called the "Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act 2-16-9". I don't know if it has the gun list placed into it or not but it is an eye opener. This entire gun control fiasco is simply just as Hitler did it around 1937 or 38. Take the people's firearms and who can stand against you? Then you herd them like sheep into submission. Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. I would think that anyone who has even a bird sized brain could wake up and see this, but there are those who will not see, or will not hear. They have fed into the lies and promises of utopia by our liberal government. But when conditions start to get really bad in our country, they will be the first ones to holler and whine that something should be done for THEM!
Oh, and everyone might also want to check out this:

111th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 5
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty -second article of amendment , thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
January 6, 2009

Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty -second article of amendment , thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:
`Article --
`The twenty -second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.'.

Jose E. Serrano, Democrat Representative to the House of Representatives from the 16th district of New York. You can't get much more liberal (i.e. STUPID) than that. I don't remember seeing this on the news anywhere. Hmmmmm?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Looks like Obama is finally going to do something we elected him for. It looks good to me.

"I'll throw them in the lake before i'll give them away."

Yeah, well that will work too.

None of you gun haters are man enough to take our guns. You're gonna very dissapointed there liberal crusader.

stsid1

They can try to take mine, but they might get some lead poison. It also depends where the ammo is made, like China, etc. etc....
It also sounds like another civil war, Southern style.

thelaw

IF you really want to do something to protect your rights here in Georgia, join GeorgiaCarry.org. GCO and it's members were instrumental in having the Anti-Gun provision REMOVED from HB 545 BEFORE it passed yesterday! They will fight tooth and nail to stop ANY Anti-Gun bill that is brought forward in Georgia.

I am a member of the NRA, and I will continut to support that group, but if you want to REALLY do something about your Gun Rights here in Georgia, GeorgiaCarry.org is the group you need to be a part of. Their membership fees are half that of the NRA and they have done more in the past 2 years for Georgia than the NRA has done in 10.

For everyone here that doesn't believe that these laws will effect them as gun owners, because you don't want to own an AR-15, please don't sit back and allow these people to slowly erode your rights away.

I too will not put any effort or concern into any of these scare tactics until there is a Number assigned to it. Once that happens, the fight is on!

Bounty Hunter

thelaw,

I totally agree with your following statement.

"I too will not put any effort or concern into any of these scare tactics until there is a Number assigned to it. Once that happens, the fight is on!"

I agree, "the sky is falling" tactics are beginning to appear in numerous places, and I hate to add to the list of those. In digging a little deeper into the links that can be found on this thread, I found the following comment by the "Author" of the Banned List:

Gun-ban list proposed

Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Bradys plan to introduce shortly.

I have an outline of the Brady’s current plans and targets of opportunity, I’m working on getting that news out asap after these ban lists, probably be ready in the next few days. It’s horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They’ve made little mention of criminals.

Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. See what 250 of your peers thought during our recent Bill of Rights Day event at the Wrigley Mansion in Phoenix: http://www.gunlaws.com/BOR-Day-2008-Report.htm

So it appears, that HR 1022, 110th Congress is the "framework" for the "leaked" new Ban List by the Democrats due to be introduced shortly. ---- I guess we'll know the newly assigned "Number" when that time comes. Sorry if I jumped the gun with "leaked" information.

thelaw

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022

HR 1022 Failed in Feb of 2007. It failed for a reason. It never even made it to the Rules Committee. While the Dems NEARLY control all three houses of Governement, not every Dem is Anti-Gun. Not every Repub is Pro-Gun. IF, IF they bring this back this year under a new Bill Number it CAN be defeated but it will take effort and work from each and every one of us. Are you willing to fight for your rights? (In the legal sense of the term for now.)

Buano

The problem is that there is no way to verify who "leaked" the list, and why. Without that information this is simply fear-mongering.