CLOSED: Gun Ban List Is Out -------------

csam

That is the same list from 1989, and proposals have been written to make the ban permanent every year it was in effect, ans every year since to reinstate it. I had associates at Walmart telling me that there was a 50% tax on ammo included in the stimulus bill. No I am not going to give up easilly, but no, now is not the time for panic.

vanguard1

Banned
as a great man once said.....they can have it when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

G Duck

Looks like Obama is finally going to do something we elected him for. It looks good to me.

"I'll throw them in the lake before i'll give them away."

Yeah, well that will work too.

Speak for yourself bud, your in the wrong forum

twallace

When are we going to take our country back & stop all the b s talk. The government is not the finaly say ,,,we are, all of us ,we are the people. We live in a republic we make the rules not some out of touch congressmen. Wake up guys !!!!!!!!!!!

8ball

All I can say to this is holy cow. I am a proud American who is thankful for the rights that my forefathers fought for. Who has the right to tell me that I cannot own guns. I for one have never commited any crime such as robbery, murder,rape or any other gun related crimes. SO this president might try to take the guns from the shelves but from my shelves he will not.

Secondly Boys and Girls the key to the ammo thing is RELOAD all you can. Think outside the box. Buy some lead molds and pour your own. Instead of paying for the expensive projectiles out of the stores buy lead by the pound.

Wars were fought with lead bullets and it worked then why not now. Yeah these bullets might not take out a gnat at 1000 yds but our enemies wont stand a chance at 100 yds.

It is sad that we cannot even go to our local wal-mart and buy 22 bullets to shoot for sport at the range or with our kids thanks to this guy that America has voted to be President. THANKS GUYS and GIRLS for voting for the cool guy and not the guy who was not George W Bush but who would have kept America safe and allowed us to keep our guns.

tcward

Looks like Obama is finally going to do something we elected him for. It looks good to me.

"I'll throw them in the lake before i'll give them away."

Yeah, well that will work too.

Voted for NOBAMA and let's get rid of the guns? WOW what a package? Some people just pray for DOOM!:yawn:

GSPKurt

The legislation proposed by the Clinton Administration was permanent, too. The sunset provision was negotiated during the process. I am merely stating the obvious - sometimes you have to give an inch to gain an advantage.

I like the narrow minded approach that Holder seems to be taking in regards to framing the right the right to bear arms as "sporting". The idea that the people should not be allowed to own the same types of firearms as the police or military ought to fail any constitutional test. Is he going to argue the framers intended the people to own muskets for eternity?

Never give in, Never give up, Never back down.

bankwalker

Never give in, Never give up, Never back down.

Read the Art of War. Mine is a longterm approach. Conservatives, such as the typical GON forum member, currently do not have a say in how our country is being run. We have to gain control of Congress, somehow someway...and SOON. Getting Pelosi to step on her D**K by instituting another TEMPORARY ban on some weapons seems like the fastest way to wake up the country to the need for change.

Besides that, there are already tens of millions of the things in American hands. An assault ban is the most ineffective action which could be implemented. Who are they kidding? It accomplishes and means NOTHING.

thelaw

Read the Art of War. Mine is a longterm approach. Conservatives, such as the typical GON forum member, currently do not have a say in how our country is being run. We have to gain control of Congress, somehow someway...and SOON. Getting Pelosi to step on her D**K by instituting another TEMPORARY ban on some weapons seems like the fastest way to wake up the country to the need for change.

Besides that, there are already tens of millions of the things in American hands. An assault ban is the most ineffective action which could be implemented. Who are they kidding? It accomplishes and means NOTHING.

Read the Bill Of Rights. :flag:

Cadcom

But Bankwalker - we have to re-instate the ban to protect those poor gang banging drug dealers in Mexico :shoot: that our U.S. A.G. Holder is so concerned about. If the illegal firearm traffic from the US into Mexico is so bad..... why doesn't Mexico make some sort of effort to secure their border? Or shut up when we try to secure ours?

thelaw

REALLY? !? Let's see. Last year we couldn't carry in establishments that served alcohol, this year we can. We couldn't carry on Mass Transit last year, this year we can. Just a few weeks ago, they tried to make it illegal for Process Servers who were not Law Enforcement Officers to carry a firearm while serving papers, we stopped that. They tried to mutilate all DOD Brass, which kept it out of the hands of the ammo manufacturers, we reversed that decision within a week. Heller WON in DC, and was upheld in the Supreme Court. It seems to me, that when the Law Abiding Citizens get behind a good group (in the case of Georgia, GCO) that is willing to fight right along side of them for our 2A Rights, we seem to win most of the time. (Recent exception would be the Atlanta Airport debacle as they blatantly igonore the law, but we'll fix that soon as well.)

You believe that giving the Anti's a small piece will appease them, or somehow end in a net Gain for our cause? Where have you been? In any instance of the American People giving up a little bit of their Rights, it has always ended up with Anti's wanting more.

I say give up nothing. I don't ask for things that I know simply aren't going to happen. I wouldn't ask to be able to carry my firearm in the White House, but I'm dang sure not going to give up carrying it on Sunday's because that's supposed to buy me some favor later down the road.

Assault Wepaons Ban. Let's see, I can't buy a new firearm that has a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, but there is no limit on the number of magazine I can carry. So I can't carry 2 - 15 round mags, but I can carry 10 - 10 round magazines. Yeah, we should give that up. Currently, DC is trying to ban guns of COLOR! A color of a gun can make it illegal to own. Do you agree that we should only have Black Guns, instead of Green guns? Is that OK with you? How about is it OK to give up a Shotgun that has a Pistol Grip ALONG with the regular Butt Stock? Is that OK? How does my Shotgun with a pistol grip make it any more deadly than a shotgun without?

You apparently are willing to give up so much more than I, and what will it gain us? We got the Assault Weapons Ban for 10 years. It expired while Repubs were in power. Once the Dems regained power, what are they trying to do? Re-Inact the Assault Weapons Ban.