December strategy

Deerhunter12454

What’s y’all’s late season strategies for bucks? Food plots are king and hunting as close to bedding as I can get is what I usually do

shdw633

I hunt behind box and ladder stands that have been hunted all season. Deer have changed their pattern to walk around these areas and this usually provides opportunities for me. As well I also take ground blinds and hunt halfway down foodplots in areas the deer aren't accustom to seeing a hunter in.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
No change for me.

Hunt high as possible and stay in the stand as long as possible.

Wait for the does to pull the bucks in. Less hot does means more bucks on the few that are remaining. In December is when I see "new" bucks.

madsam

Move portable tripod to thick woods that have not been hunted this season. It
proved to be a good strategy last year. At least until nanny doe busted me .......

uturn

Looks like some good land management for wildlife to me. Good bedding cover and FOOD. Good place to see some all-day activity. Many of us are jealous! ?

Thanks Mack!

Just one mans vision of things and best effort at making it real...and yes a place that needs to be sat all day to fully appreciate it! More than 10 years of massaging!
C1F9D957-618A-4149-8898-67EEFA4FC5B7.jpeg

Thanks again for the nod!

Rackbuster

I am going to keep hunting out of my boxstand overlooking this plot. My 1st time planting daikon radish and oats here. Since the cold hit and I put ammonia nitrate (34-0-0) about a month ago I walked down it this morning. They are wearing it out.

Attachments

• 20201204_082530.jpg
    20201204_082530.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 21

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Goin to focus on corn feeders in my plots next to thick areas until end of season.
Noticed this past weekend the deer are back on the feeders and plots since most acorns are gone.

Attachments

• MFDC7441.JPG
    MFDC7441.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 24