Deer are not hitting my corn? Question for baiters

MoeBirds

Perhaps you should donate your bait to a shelter for the homeless for the Holidays, since you aint got no venison to give em!?:bounce:

i just throw mine out on the ground (before deer season), right out of the bag that i get from wal mart. it says moultree deer and turkey feed. here is the trick that i use and it is totally legal::bounce:

i take a bunch of small corn size rocks and paint them yellow so they look like little corn kernals and fill up my empy bags from the real corn that i put out during the off season and once the season starts i just use the same routine and ride my four wheeler up to my hunting spot and pour out the "corn". i know the deer are just hiding in the thick brush and listening to see if i am pouring out some more corn as they are used to the sound by now and then i take my grunt call out and make it sound like my four wheeler is leaving the area while i get in position. about 10 minutes later they all come running in to get that fresh batch of "corn" and i let em get thier first big mouth full and all you hear is crunch! and they all just look at each other like what in the heck is this crap? it tastes like rocks and before they realize what has happened:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :rofl: :rofl:

horsecreek

i just throw mine out on the ground (before deer season), right out of the bag that i get from wal mart. it says moultree deer and turkey feed. here is the trick that i use and it is totally legal::bounce:

i take a bunch of small corn size rocks and paint them yellow so they look like little corn kernals and fill up my empy bags from the real corn that i put out during the off season and once the season starts i just use the same routine and ride my four wheeler up to my hunting spot and pour out the "corn". i know the deer are just hiding in the thick brush and listening to see if i am pouring out some more corn as they are used to the sound by now and then i take my grunt call out and make it sound like my four wheeler is leaving the area while i get in position. about 10 minutes later they all come running in to get that fresh batch of "corn" and i let em get thier first big mouth full and all you hear is crunch! and they all just look at each other like what in the heck is this crap? it tastes like rocks and before they realize what has happened:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Larry Rooks

Is this a loaded question or what:rofl: Shoot, I got a feeder running year round and them old deer seem to love it. I put a cmaera on it twice this year, and I get day time photos, night time photos, dang coons and one of the prettiest solis black Fox Squirrels I have ever seen, all coming to it on a regular basis. BUT DO UNDERSTND, I ain't hunting near the feeder, just have it on the front of the property to feed the deer. Right now, browse is near gone, and the acorns are gone, they are hitting the food
plots real heavy a night mostly, but sometimes I see one or two before dark. The feeders will be hit hard from now on

tail_slider3d

To give you a serious anwser. It could be the corn. Some corn is treated before it is bagged up. I have found that deer do not like that at all. Example, I had been putting corn out for over a month and the deer were really tearing it up (50lbs might last 2 days). One afternoon I was running late and couldnt make it to the place I usually buy "the goods" so I stopped at another place and bought a different brand of corn. I noticed that it said it had been treated but I thought nothing of it and put it out. I went back in the next week and not a single kernal had been touched. I put the regular corn out in the same spot and it vanished overnight. Your best bet is to buy it straight from the farm in 55gal containers. If not, I have found that they do eat the moultrie brand pretty well.

O

OFD2Truck

If I east country fried steak, mashed spuds, corn and gravy the night before I hunt, have a cup of coffee in the morning and realize I forgot to take care of business before I left camp and have to.......well you know....#2. A deer walks by my deposit...I shoot:shoot: Is that considered hunting over corn::ke:

DCHunter

If I east country fried steak, mashed spuds, corn and gravy the night before I hunt, have a cup of coffee in the morning and realize I forgot to take care of business before I left camp and have to.......well you know....#2. A deer walks by my deposit...I shoot:shoot: Is that considered hunting over corn::ke:

I've seriously wondered the same thing. I think one of our stands may be within 200 yards of the latrine. I wonder if a DNR ranger could bust us for that.

The deer in the corn field said that they like most corn but they really like apple pie and creamed milk.

Latest posts