Deer hunting Dilemma(Not really, I kilt him)

DynamicDennis

So, got a real nice new to this year buck. Problem Is, I really think he’s only 3 or even 2. Could be a real special buck if he gets a year or 2. Anyone else on lease will shoot on site, makes it hard to let him walk if I see him. Maybe I could shoot his rack off???

Attachments

• IMG_4813.jpeg
    IMG_4813.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_4812.jpeg
    IMG_4812.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_4653.jpeg
    IMG_4653.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 350

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Do you have a good broadside picture ? And no I wouldn’t shoot his rack off :D I have let a few walk over the years and wished they’d break their rack off ha ha .

Toliver

It's really simple. Show everyone the picture then yell DIBS! It would then break the bro rules for them to kill him and he's safe until next year.

ddd-shooter

So, got a real nice new to this year buck. Problem Is, I really think he’s only 3 or even 2. Could be a real special buck if he gets a year or 2. Anyone else on lease will shoot on site, makes it hard to let him walk if I see him. Maybe I could shoot his rack off???
Why does it matter if someone else shoots him?
He either meets your criteria or he doesn’t.
If you see him, enjoy the experience and take some pics. You’ll have made some great memories.
He’ll never get old if you kill him…

Honestly, I can’t believe you’d rather see him break off all his antlers than let someone else kill him.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Take your chances when playing the waiting game.Just don't get mad if another member ground checks him.

I wouldn't let him walk.
Me either. That guy would be getting an all expenses paid free ride in my truck bed.

Lilly001

It depends on you.
If you really want to see what he could become and have the patience to wait knowing that almost everyone else wouldn’t, then wait.
Otherwise harvest a real nice Ga deer if you get the chance.
So simple, yet so complicated if you let it become so.

Cmcharles

Just got to ask yourself if it’s really worth killing a deer out of pure defense so someone else can’t kill him.
Other than that sounds like you would like to see him out to his full potential.

DynamicDennis

And I’d be smiling and happy about doing it! Deer hunting supposed to be fun
Your correct. But first time we had anything other than a straight racked deer. Not that they are boring, but would be interesting to see what could happen with this one. That’s all.

DynamicDennis

Just got to ask yourself if it’s really worth killing a deer out of pure defense so someone else can’t kill him.
Other than that sounds like you would like to see him out to his full potential.
I will probably roll the dice if he is as young as I think, and post some live pics on here. If I even see him. To each their own, but I have really been trying to kill mature bucks, At their potential or close. Not in a qdm or trophy lease so whatever happens will happen. And regardless, I would not be upset if someone got tickled by this deer. Same as other deer I have watched and did my best to pattern, and see someone else shoot it. We all go to shoot something that’s makes us happy. Just would be curious what another year or 2 would bring.

Blackston

I will probably roll the dice if he is as young as I think, and post some live pics on here. If I even see him. To each their own, but I have really been trying to kill mature bucks, At their potential or close. Not in a qdm or trophy lease so whatever happens will happen. And regardless, I would not be upset if someone got tickled by this deer. Same as other deer I have watched and did my best to pattern, and see someone else shoot it. We all go to shoot something that’s makes us happy. Just would be curious what another year or 2 would bring.
All I Thought was it’s a Triple D Dynamic Dennis Dilemma :biggrin3::rofl:….. I’m sorry I couldn’t help it ……Be a hard pass …. If I aint decided by time they step out they usually get it !!! Good luck with your decision!!!

basshappy

BANNED
Are you hunting for sustenance or for trophy?

For us we hunt whitetail like we fish - letting the big ones pass and harvesting the smaller ones. I'm not gonna take a 10 lb bass home. I will give it a pass and take home a 2 lber.

Good luck with your decision