Deer hunting Dilemma(Not really, I kilt him)

Hunter922

Can't manage a property without all members and all neighbors helping.. He likely won't make it if you are the only one passing him.

DynamicDennis

I agree Hunter, but maybe he will stay closer to the areas I hunt. I hunt some edges of some really thick areas, that are difficult to get to. And I may decide if I see him, that I may try and harvest if he looks more mature in person than what I've seen on the pics I have.

DynamicDennis

Update.

Had a couple pics on 10/6. Nothing until 11/22-11/23.
I decided to take him when he popped out 11/25. Still puzzled with his age. Was only 155pds. Has not been breeding much, inside of his legs not rubbed off at all. His spine looked like a Mohawk on his back. In almost 20 years of hunting this property, never seen such a run down looking deer. I’m going to get his jawbone checked to find out for certain how old.

By far my coolest buck, probably will score the best as well

Attachments

• IMG_5224.jpeg
    IMG_5224.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5220.jpeg
    IMG_5220.jpeg
    559 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5228.jpeg
    IMG_5228.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5229.jpeg
    IMG_5229.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 107

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
They lose quite a bit of weight during the rut, up to 30% I hear and for him to disappear for a month and a half, he was looking for love.

Congrats

175rltw

BANNED
Update.

Had a couple pics on 10/6. Nothing until 11/22-11/23.
I decided to take him when he popped out 11/25. Still puzzled with his age. Was only 155pds. Has not been breeding much, inside of his legs not rubbed off at all. His spine looked like a Mohawk on his back. In almost 20 years of hunting this property, never seen such a run down looking deer. I’m going to get his jawbone checked to find out for certain how old.

By far my coolest buck, probably will score the best as well

The forked main beam like a mulie is awesome. Can’t wait for the age update

wm742

I was hoping Id read through the thread and see this. To me that's a good buck that makes for a great hunt. But bucks did not come very easy in my early years. Great Thread