Deer vocalizations

nmurph

Yep, more than once.

I was blind grunting on a creek one morning. The 6x4 buck responded by swimming the creek like Spitz. He knew exactly where the sound came from and I thought he was going to rip me out of the tree bf I could get a shot off.

Tadder

Awesome right there man. Wish my crazy bucks would act like that. Guess they hear too many gun shoots so they a little shy. THANKS for sharing this, loved it man. Only hear this twice in my life time of hunt and both times it got dark before the buck got close enough to have been able too see him. (y):hair:. THE BOSS IS HERE BOYS.

rugerfan

That guy is looking for a fight. I Have never heard one grunt like that. Last year was the first time I had actually heard a buck grunt. Now this year I have heard it twice, but not like that buck in the video.

chrislibby88

That guy is looking for a fight. I Have never heard one grunt like that. Last year was the first time I had actually heard a buck grunt. Now this year I have heard it twice, but not like that buck in the video.
Yea I really only hear the short contact grunts. I’m pretty sure I heard a snort wheeze several years ago when some bucks were locking up in the dark, but I didn’t really know what I was hearing.

Jim Boyd

Snort wheeze

Buck roar

Grunts

Extended grunts

I have never hear a snort wheeze and have not heard extended grunts go that long

That guy was lit up!!!!!!

Great learning video

I watched a 10 point on Wassaw island act similar that that on a hot doe one time. He cried and cried and cried with drool slobbering off of his chin.

I shot and shot and shot til my quiver was empty and never cut hair (just to show you how good a hunter I was).

If I recall correctly, I had 5-6 arrows.

Deer was estimated at 40-45 yards - did not have range finders back them and the bow was an old round wheel Hoyt and the arrows looked like rainbow arcs going over there.

1985, I think.

Iron ghost

Man that’s a great video! I’ve heard them grunting and snorting but never like that.

The biggest buck I ever shot was from working a grunt tube hard.
2 smaller 4-6pt bucks were working a doe and drove her right into a thick patch where this big bruiser was. He just thrashed those 2 smaller bucks and took over tailing her. I was working my grunt call to try to pull him off but to no avail.
So in a Hail Mary, I changed the setting on my Duel grunt tube to the last setting that mimmicks a big old buck and I just hammered it over and over, long 5-7sec grunts while rustling leaves with my hand. Next thing I know that buck came charging me with his nose to the ground. I was on the ground against a tree and he got about 30ft away and stopped(thank god) and turn broadside to check out a noise.

Anywho- point of the story was that if I hadn’t got aggressive on that call I would‘ve never seen him again, and seeing this video kind of paints a picture to explain what I was imitating and why the long, loud unorthodox calling was believable.

Thanks for sharing the video dude!

Latest posts