Food plots are baiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdw633

Think I'd rather just run by walmart n grab a bag of corn n dump it.

That's what I am going to do....I'm just going to tell everyone I did all that other stuff!! :D

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Hmmm. I never really thought about it like that. That's confusing.

It's perfect analogy Elfiii lol. RNR supposedly baited, Browning went bonkers with no evidence, mainly based on his dislike for RNR's trolling nature.

Nailed it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Disagree. If I dug up some red wigglers myself and fished with them (very effective also), that is hunting over acorns. A tub of night crawlers from the gas station is hunting over corn.

I guess I wan't thinking in Suburban. I catch my own nightcrawlers myself. :D

I don't trout fish with nightcrawlers, but I'll durn sure lay out a walleye or catfish on one.

A substantial part of my formative years were spent crawling around on my hands and knees at midnight in the mud and other substances of a cowpasture with a headlamp strapped around my alternately sweating and freezing brow, catching nightcrawlers with my bare hands to sell for $20 a thousand so that town folks could buy them in little plastic tubs at the gas station and leave the containers on the creek bank for me to carry back out of the woods. :)

Blackston

I love my southern Zone

Attachments

• MFDC4199.jpg
    MFDC4199.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 484
  • MFDC4166.jpg
    MFDC4166.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 484

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I guess I wan't thinking in Suburban. I catch my own nightcrawlers myself. :D

I don't trout fish with nightcrawlers, but I'll durn sure lay out a walleye or catfish on one.

A substantial part of my formative years were spent crawling around on my hands and knees at midnight in the mud and other substances of a cowpasture with a headlamp strapped around my alternately sweating and freezing brow, catching nightcrawlers with my bare hands to sell for $20 a thousand so that town folks could buy them in little plastic tubs at the gas station and leave the containers on the creek bank for me to carry back out of the woods. :)

There was a woods gully between houses in the neighborhood I grew up in, the debris around the edges always loaded with red wigglers. I'd stop in there n dig em up n go spend the afternoon catching those little horn-headed fish n 3 inch bream in the creek that ran tween neighborhoods. Caught a few ring neck snakes digging in the debris like that too. I guess that's about as adventurous as it got.,.....aside from having cops called cause I was killing neighborhood squirrels with a BB gun. Good times.

Didn't have any deer in the woods tween neighborhoods back then. Theys fewer woods around there now and a LOT more deer. It'd been a great spot for a corn pile ambush. :)

shdw633

You can tell it's the weekend......this thread got quiet!!:bounce::bounce:

one hogman

The real question SHOULD be why is it legal to bait in the Southern Zone and Not in the Northern Zone?? No one at DNR has given a good reason, no other game laws that I can see favor one zone over the other, and Lawmakers that made that decision were just wrong IMO!!!::stir:

one hogman

A monkey with a gun can kill a deer over corn. (Sorry just a fact). As far as hunting over corn verses food plot. I have no problem with it as long as you put out corn all year and not just in a 4 to10' area. A food plot feeds lots of deer for many days. Usually a feeder puts out corn long enough for an un skilled person to kill a deer. (Sorry again)

So all the hunters in the Southern Zone that hunt over corn are monkeys and unskilled. :D

Longhorn 16

The real question SHOULD be why is it legal to bait in the Southern Zone and Not in the Northern Zone?? No one at DNR has given a good reason, no other game laws that I can see favor one zone over the other, and Lawmakers that made that decision were just wrong IMO!!!::stir:

Just my two cents. I grew up hunting in Georgia and I got invited by one of my vendors to go on a hunt in Texas. I was ecstatic that I could go on this hunt. We showed up at the 18000 acre ranch and I was in disbelief that such a place existed.

We all settled in and got debriefed on what to take or what to pass on. The chef prepared us a phenomenal meal. I couldn’t believe that the next morning I was going to Be the first person in this particular stand that season. Didn’t sleep too much I was so excited.

The guides woke us up and we had a quick but great breakfast. At this point I am thinking this is like hunting heaven. The guide packs a cooler for lunch. Now I am really liking how this place operates.

I hop in the truck and head to the blind that so eagerly want to hunt. 45 minutes later I get dropped off, never left the property. I am thinking how little pressure these deer have vs back in Ga.

The sun breaks over the horizon and I am in awe. View for days. About 15 minutes into the hunt I hear a feeder go off. Five minutes later there are roughly 50 deer converging on the feeder.

At that moment I am taking it all in and it hit me. I felt like I was shooting fish in a barrel. Over the next few days I continued the routine but never dropped the hammer.

To each there own but that is just not hunting in my book.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Just my two cents. I grew up hunting in Georgia and I got invited by one of my vendors to go on a hunt in Texas. I was ecstatic that I could go on this hunt. We showed up at the 18000 acre ranch and I was in disbelief that such a place existed.

We all settled in and got debriefed on what to take or what to pass on. The chef prepared us a phenomenal meal. I couldn’t believe that the next morning I was going to Be the first person in this particular stand that season. Didn’t sleep too much I was so excited.

The guides woke us up and we had a quick but great breakfast. At this point I am thinking this is like hunting heaven. The guide packs a cooler for lunch. Now I am really liking how this place operates.

I hop in the truck and head to the blind that so eagerly want to hunt. 45 minutes later I get dropped off, never left the property. I am thinking how little pressure these deer have vs back in Ga.

The sun breaks over the horizon and I am in awe. View for days. About 15 minutes into the hunt I hear a feeder go off. Five minutes later there are roughly 50 deer converging on the feeder.

At that moment I am taking it all in and it hit me. I felt like I was shooting fish in a barrel. Over the next few days I continued the routine but never dropped the hammer.

Yeah I thought I wanted to hunt Texas too. Stories like this just make my spikes get their plaques done.

Tideup

Set up 5 new feeders yesterday and checked the batteries and topped off the corn in 10 more��. We keep ours running 365

Blisterapine

Yea that's a bummer.. totally agree that's not hunting. That being said , I like the law in S Ga allowing corn, I don't hunt it but I like to feed my deer without worry of wardens hassling me. I use it in my feeders with protein supplements for cameras and a safe place for the deer to feed without hunting pressure.
I do not hunt my camera spots - even with daytime pics of shooters about. That being said.. I don't sweat folks who do- if you hunt acorns falling , it's basically the same thing and n-one has a problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.