Goals for 2023-24

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Get my granddaughter her first deer, turkey, bear, maybe all 3, she's been going 4 years and the other 3 yardapes have filled tags, one took 3 so far.

Shoot a couple, enjoy one more season with friends and family.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m using my old childhood rifle again this year. The clear cuts are grown. 99% of my shots are less than 100 yds now. 30-30 marlin. Last year all I could find was 170 grain around here. They worked fine.
It sure is a lot lighter than that browning bar 270. ;). Still got good fire power with the lever when the hogs mess up and get all around me with the 30-30.

Mauser

Watch the woods come alive as much as possible,carry Chloe in the afternoon,hopefully my bride can carry on her tradition of getting a good buck,I’ll do as much as possible working on our doe problem.

HIGH COUNTRY

17 year old grandson first big buck (120 to 130 or bigger) with a bow.He went bow only last year and has a few kills. Came close on several big bucks last year, real close!.

My first deer(s) with a recurve bow (havenet shot a doe in a dozen or more years with compound been bow only selective bucks for two decades).... Criter is brown, and no spots though small bucks excluded. Im whole hog or whole deer with recurve this year....

Stretch goal - My first big buck with a recurve bow

Mackie889

For me, it is more about my father-in-law. He turned 80 this past year and his health is going downhill fast. Since it might be his last year of deer hunting, my goal is that he has a memorable season and gets the best buck of his life. Good luck to everyone this year... be safe out there!

dang

DANG !!!
First goal is to enjoy it and be safe. Got a new hunter tagging along this year so I’d like to get him hooked. I’ve already made him burn up some boot leather with me and I think he’ll be up to the task.
Second goal is around some new places. I’ll be returning to both for the second time. Ohio and Cumberland island. Would like to personally find success on both or continue to learn.
Glad we can finally talk about things of this nature instead of arguing about stupid stuff to pass time :bounce:
20 days…

Last edited:

Buckstop

Primary goal is to enjoy the time in the woods and time in camp with my buddies. If anything, its to stay organized enough to sit a little later in the mornings, get a fine early afternoon nap each day and get back in the woods a little earlier in the evening. Pretty simple, pack a snack in the mornings and remember to tote my fat boy cushion in with me. Rest will work itself out just fine.

Full Draw McGraw

3 words:
Swamp-donkey mega-toad buck-deer :ROFLMAO:
Oh well, i guess i can post a real thought and not a joke.
I had a good season last year so i really don't need to shoot anything (unless the freezer dies on me) so i'm going to be bow only and holding out for a good/mature one.
Getting out of the city and enjoying my time in the woods are a given.
I've seen hogs twice this summer on scouting trips so maybe this year i'll focus some time on getting my first pig.

slow motion

Oh well, i guess i can post a real thought and not a joke.
I had a good season last year so i really don't need to shoot anything (unless the freezer dies on me) so i'm going to be bow only and holding out for a good/mature one.
Getting out of the city and enjoying my time in the woods are a given.
I've seen hogs twice this summer on scouting trips so maybe this year i'll focus some time on getting my first pig.
Good luck with the pigs. They're fun to hunt.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
As mentioned, main goal is to get home safe at the end of each day. 2nd goal is to get my first Ga deer with the bow…..any deer with no spots! 3rd is to get a maturer buck in Ky , than I got last year, AND do it with the bow!
Other than the first goal of a safe return, I don’t know the others are in any specific order of importance. If I had a number one, it’s probably to get my first public land deer here in Ga.

krizia829

Fill the freezer and hopefully get a nice buck. We're not trophy hunters but a big buck would be nice lol

Also, taking our girls for the first time. Hoping that it sparks a fire in them like it did to me as a little girl!

Other than that, just have a good time!