Goals for 2023-24

sprewett

To see as many sunrises and sunsets as possible in the woods away from the hustle and bustle of metro Atlanta. Enjoy the beautiful songs the birds sing as they spring to life each morning, quietly laugh at the squirrels as they chase each other, and having my not so little buddy by my side for a few more hunts.
I would really like to be able to get my first archery deer this year. I would love to see my son kill his first deer. I would really like to kill 6 deer this year instead of four so we have a bit more meat.
But if there are zero kills I am content just being there and thanking the Good Lord for another wonderful day in His creation.

jmac7469

Refill the freezer first and foremost. Take the oldest age class deer off my property, last year it was an 11 year old doe we had named corn pile deer. Hopefully take my new pb bow buck. I have 2 that would both be new bow pb's hopefully it pans out. Lastly but most importantly is spend as much time in the woods with my dad as I can. Dont know how many more seasons he'll get.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Get my 7 year old on his first deer and get my other 2 kids on deer as well. Even if they don’t kill a deer, as long as we’ve had fun trying I call that a successful season.

Blackston

Lil Blackstons first deer , Enjoy time on Chickasawhatchee with family (if picked ) , Another trip North with big Bro for more smiles and time with Great friends
Well that made me smile ….. Lookin at Chickasawhatchee threads gettin ready for next week

Blackston

Get my 7 year old on his first deer and get my other 2 kids on deer as well. Even if they don’t kill a deer, as long as we’ve had fun trying I call that a successful season.
Lookin successful!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I guess another goal for this year is to get this SRT climbing system down. This whole saddle hunting ride is a blast! Right now I can basically climb any straightish tree without too many branches efficiently and quietly. With the 1 stick system, I’m set up at hunting height in less than 15 minutes, typically..
With a Single Rope Tether system, I’ll climb up the rope instead of using the stick. To do this I’ll be getting my rope into the crotches of bigger, knarly trees…..think giant white oaks! I’ve also been trying to get away from mechanical devices and use more hitch cords. BUT, I finally broke down and got a Petzl GriGri+ to get me going with the SRT. This device will hold me while I ascend the rope, but also allow me to descend by just pulling on the lever. I already have a means to get what we call “presets” into desired crotches. I’ll preset paracord loops ahead of time, then attach my rope to it so I can be ready to go in seconds……..it’s all fun and I’m having so much of it!

125F8C53-D730-4305-978C-BDFD8432FE8B.jpeg

wm742

My goal this season was to take some antlers with the .280.
My uncle gave me his Rem. 725 over the summer. I'm not a bolt guy, but I like guns and this one grew on me quick.
Every time a family member gives me a gun, I want to take something, maybe not what some would say is a trophy, but a trophy to me.
It will look good all bleached out, and will always be a huge memory, as the same morning I put my best/oldest friend on a good buck and he took it that morning also.
Small one is me and mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20231103_101509907.jpg
    IMG_20231103_101509907.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 1000015274.jpg
    1000015274.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 27

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My goal this season was to take some antlers with the .280.
My uncle gave me his Rem. 725 over the summer. I'm not a bolt guy, but I like guns and this one grew on me quick.
Every time a family member gives me a gun, I want to take something, maybe not what some would say is a trophy, but a trophy to me.
It will look good all bleached out, and will always be a huge memory, as the same morning I put my best/oldest friend on a good buck and he took it that morning also.
Small one is me and mine.
I’ve been looking but I can’t find the small one… :huh: . Nice Bucks! Woohoo!

Jdmb123

The only goal I have is that my 6yo gets his first. He killed a duck last year and says this is his year for a deer.

Came back to say he killed a Doe and the weirdest rack 12 we’ve ever seen. Perfect shots using a bog death grip which I highly recommend. He’s a killer.

Blackston

Came back to say he killed a Doe and the weirdest rack 12 we’ve ever seen. Perfect shots using a bog death grip which I highly recommend. He’s a killer.
We love pics !!!! and I second the bog !!!!! My little fella is deadly as well with one !!

Blackston

What is everyone's deer hunting goals this season?? I will say mine is to hunt and kill a more mature buck than last year, in the areas I have been working hard to find and manicure. Would be great if the rack was bigger, but realistically I just wanna drag the heaviest buck up to the scale at hunting camp. Not as a competition, but gotta set goals. Would like to get my wife her first deer, she has put in her time raising the kids for the last 18 years. Probably won't shoot any does this year, but I might try to get a doe with my 10mm. And last of all, just enjoy all the sunrises and sunsets up in the woods.

I love that you posted this and many do not like to speak on goals because they certainly can let you down

BUT

I am sticking with my northeast ga goal that I have spoke to many friends about. I aim to tag one (hopefully two) mature bucks that break 125 inches or each season….. if the top target is an old buck like the drop tine I have posted a bunch here, the 125 mark isn’t the big deal.
Well it’s almost over … I’m reflecting on my season and goals I set been a great year