Haunts and other wierd things

I have three incidents that I’ve experienced in the past 50 years. The first one occurred about 1981 or 1982 in the Florida panhandle. I grew up in a small town that had one traffic light and was very rural. A friend and I had left the high school basketball game and I was taking him home. We were on a dark two lane road when we rounded a bend near his house and we both saw a white mist human shaped object on the shoulder of the road. It shook both of us up pretty good and we didn’t say anything about it to anyone.
I ran into my friend about 15 years later at the mall and we both had our wives with us. After introducing our wives to each other the first thing he said was tell my wife what we saw that night. I told him that this was the first time I’d ever told anyone about it and proceeded to tell his wife what happened. I haven’t told anyone since that day at the mall. My friend passed away last Tuesday, 10/27/15 and his funeral was yesterday. I think I just needed to tell someone. Thanks

riverbank

When I was 9 or 10 years old I woke up one night because my bed was moving. It was shaking.By the time I became awake and focused on it , it had became border line violent. The whole episode only lasted about 15 or 20 seconds after I had realized what was going on. I was so scared to look under my bed but I did because I figured my sister or brother was playing a joke. No one was under there. I hollered for my dad and he blamed it on a bad dream....I know better than that.

riverbank

Also when I was around the same age, my mom, me and my sister was on the way home from my grandparents house. My dad drove a truck and was at work. Nobody in the car was saying anything and I was kinda in a zone listening to the tires roll down the road. I heard my dad just as plain as day say " I love you son" . My dad is and has always been a big practical joker so I thought he was hid in the back somewhere ( ford explorer) I can remember my mom laughing at me looking back there for him and asking how they did that. When I told my dad about it he said he was rolling down the road and just thinking about me and actually said out loud "I love you son" we still talk about that to this day.

riverbank

This is the last thing that has ever happened to me that I cant explain and probably the most bizarre. This was about 4 years ago. My great great uncle was a carpenter. His name was R.E. Butler. He built a tiny house out of scraps and stuff that he could scrounge off of job sites. He passed away in that house. Later in life me and my wife ended up living in it. She always was making claims that weird stuff was happening to her. Things would be moved. The light came on a few time's. Stuff like that. I always picked at her about it because even though I have had some weird stuff happen I cant and still won't say I "believe" in ghosts. But I dang sure won't say I don't either. Anyway we had some company over and as they were leaving around 10:00 at night I was propped against there truck window. As they pulled out of the driveway I turned around to head back towards the house and I saw the "whitish" outline of a big man walking beside my house. As I started toward it it never looked in my direction even though I hollered "hey" at it. It was winter time and when the figure got to the wood shed that R.E. had built it disappeared. All this happened real fast and then it dawned on me. That figure was almost glowing, and appeared to have overhauls on. R.E. always wore blue jean overhauls . That was the only thing ive ever seen him in. We called him the bubble gum man because in that front pocket he always had a bunch of it and would give it to us as kids. Kinda spooky for sure. Thats the only time in my life I ever honestly feel like I POSSIBLY saw a ghost. And I hope its the last.

chrisn1818

I lived in Mississippi for 5 years while in college. I was working maintenance at the college to earn a little extra cash and needed some paint and caulk from the local store. The guy I was working with was a local and wanted to show me an old Antabellum Mansion that was going to be torn down in a few weeks. It was open so we went in. 3 floors laid out like this. First floor: kitchen, parlor, living room with big fire place, large pantry and a great room with another fire place. Second floor was 6 bedrooms and 2 dressing rooms or bathrooms but I saw no plumbing fixtures but it was dark and they could have been removed. Third floor was one giant room the length of the entire house. Like a big ball room it had 4 giant chandelier looking lights with a big stairwell on each end to get back down to the second floor. We got about halfway through the ball room and saw a man standing in the stairwell entrance looking at us and smoking a pipe. I was scared but thought it might be the owner so I said hello sir we just wanted to take a look at this beautiful piece of history before it gets torn down. He says no beauty here and starts down the stair way. I looked back at the guy who was with me and shrugged and we took off to the opposite stairway running the entire way. We got outside and there was no car and no one around. We looked everywhere and it was like he just vanished. The house was in a field and there was nowhere to hide. When we went back in you could smell pipe smoke but we couldn't find anyone so we hauled butt after about 15 mins of looking.

We rented a 2 bedroom house in S.W. Florida about 10 years ago. It was my wife, 11 year old son, Jack Russell Terrier and I living in a house that was built in the late 1970’s. It was a split bedroom floor plan. Our dog did not like going in the guest bedroom where our son slept. She would sit in the living room and stare down the hall towards the bedroom. About a month after moving in, I was in the master bathroom one day when in my peripheral vision I thought I saw a person walk by the bathroom door. At the time I was alone in the house. I checked the house and found nothing so I dismissed it.

The last incident in the house occurred one morning about 2 a.m. Our son came in our bedroom and woke my wife and I up. He said an old lady scratched his back. We turned on the lights and pulled his shirt up and he had several scratch marks on his back that started between his shoulder blades and went down his back. It wasn’t possible for him to have done it due to the location of the scratches. We lived there about a year and our son slept on the couch in the living room most of the time after that night.

gunnurse

My encounter happened at the Old Post part of Hutcheson Medical Center in Ft. Oglethorpe. I had heard the "stories" about Nora. She was supposedly a lady that was killed in the East stairway. I discounted the stories as crazy or made-up.

My beliefs were shaken due to the time that I spent in the EMS Captain's Quarters on the third floor. I cannot recount the times that I would be awakened on my 24-hour shift to hear a window being raised, or the toilet flushing, or books flying off shelves. I tried to advise Nora that I meant no harm or disrespect by being in her world. The return favor was a dream so real about the building burning down with me in it that I smelled smoke when I woke up. I NEVER slept in those quarters again- or shared this story.

lcopeland22

First of all I'm not crazy. My cousin used to live in the big 4 column house on hwy 11 in Mansfield. There are many creepy happenings and stories that go along with the house. A slave tending to a baby that died in her care then later commited suicide as well as the home being a hospital during the civil war. All 10 of us during a Christmas party heard a baby crying loudly upstairs yet there were no children or babys present. I had my shirt tugged while walking up the stairs to turn around and nobody be there. I definitely saw a ghost in the bathroom mirrror while washing my hands one night. Ive got chills as I write this but its all very true. On another note my mother has a passed down family quilt that was made by slaves with cotton grown on the family farm, she keeps it displayed on the upstairs banister and a couple times a year it will move from the middle to either the far left or far right of the banister..

garuralgal

When I was almost in my teens, I found a kitten. Every morning I would go out to feed her. One morning I went out and could not find her. Walking around looking for her birds were tweeting in the trees. I would swear I heard them telling me she was dead. I told my mom and she said I imagined things.

After 3 days of searching and not giving up, my mom told me that when dad left for work going into the garage to start the car, he found her in 2 pieces - each on opposite sides of the garage. He disposed of her.

garuralgal

Another story... We moved into this house in 2005 and were doing a lot of work to make it our own. The man who owned it before bought it brand new and altho he did not die in the house, he did die while owning the house. One day about a month after we bought it, we were coming home and I swore as we drove up I saw a dark man in a rocking chair on the deck. Then we passed a group of trees and when the deck was in view the man was gone.

After that I have many times smelled pipe smoke in the hallway. Neither of us smoke. He did however and I figure he comes around to see how we are doing in his home.

buckpasser

When I was about 10 or 11 my family and I moved into a small rental house for a few months while my Mother and Stepfather could complete construction on a new house. I never really felt nervous or scared in the little house. My bedroom had an odd layout with doors leaving in 2 directions. One from the kitchen and one to a hallway. I guess it was really more of a dining room or office. My bedtime was 9, so I guess I had been asleep for an hour or two when someone came in from the kitchen waking me up. I laid there rolled up in my covers looking at what looked like a woman with a towel wrapped up on her head (like after a shower). She slowly walked through the room, stopped at my TV pulled the knob out (old school TV), cranked the volume all the way up and walked off down the hall. I laid there in amazement as my TV slowly roared to life wide open near the end of a Braves game! My parents charged in fussing at me, but I was still wrapped up tight in my covers trying to explain that I didn't do it. I doubt they gave it much thought, but I can't explain it...

7Mag Hunter

I was on Horse Creek WMA about 15 yrs ago and was hunting in a HW/pine area that bordered a
Swamp that ran back to the river...Got in the tree stand area early and about 30 mins
before daylight i see a light down in the swamp below me....Was a bit bothered as i was sure
there would be no people in the swamp....
At lunch break, i decided to scout a bit, and discovered that the "swamp" was about 3-4'
deep and no way anyone could have been in water that deep without me hearing splashes...

westcobbdog

A few nights ago I was half awake at 3am or so and a sleeping hunter in the next room let out a really loud scream. I thought he was having nightmare or something. Next day he says he awoke in the darkness to an illuminated figure of an old man a few feet away from his face leaning down with arms at his side staring at him. He was in Grandma's old bedroom in the farmhouse. The figure then went away thru the closed door or wall. The hunter is a member here and LEO who says he never believed in ghosts.

bownutz

I was a maintenance electrician at sea island resort from 2012 till 2014. I was hired to work 2nd shift at the beach club which has a few restaurants, a ballroom, 50 or 60 guest rooms, 3 pools, etc, etc. Big place. Super super nice. I want to say the resort was built in 1926 or so. Anyways we typically only had one tech working at a time with a little shift overlap in between. So from 5 to about 11 or 12 I would be the only tech there. In the off season I was very often the only person in the entire building. Save maybe a long term tenant or two up on the 2nd or 3rd floors (most rooms are privately owned). Anyways a ton of very weird stuff happened working there and everyone knew about it. You'd catch glimpses of things, hear noises, doors opening or closing. Stuff being moved. And even one time a housekeeper caught a picture of a ghostly woman while taking a picture of shotty work by another employee. I saw it myself, it was sheets wadded up in a bathroom with a semi transparent woman laying on the floor. I got to the point I would spend as much time at the main building as possible and try to only go to the beach club when I had a call to run. The scariest thing was in the ballroom at night old big band music would sometimes just cut on as you were walking down the main corridor. While Noone was in the building. There's a keypad on the wall that takes a password to operate the music, and it would be in sleep mode still. I would sometimes feel an acute presence and even at times walk with my back to the wall. You can laugh but I dare you to rent a room during the winter at the bc.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Enjoyed rereading some of these. Over the years there have been a few classic unexplainable events threads...dunno where they went?
They’re still around. A few key words in a search will get you to them.

ryork

If you enjoy relatively local stories about haints, and other such things, google "Heard Troup Corridor". Not saying I believe it all or any of it perhaps, but makes for some interesting reading and particularly if you know the neighborhood so to speak which some on here definitely would.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
If you enjoy relatively local stories about haints, and other such things, google "Heard Troup Corridor". Not saying I believe it all or any of it perhaps, but makes for some interesting reading and particularly if you know the neighborhood so to speak which some on here definitely would.
Looked it up. What I saw was mostly about ewfows. That’s not all that interesting to me but I know some folks love it.