Help on Youth Snake Boots

buckspotter

First allow me to think Nicodemus for his wise counsel and other brethren on the board who offered very informative input regarding my prior post of snake boots for me as a grown man. I got to thinking about it more directly and realized what is most important is to get my 12-year-old boy geared up in snake boots as my biggest fear would be if he were to take a strike from Ye ole salty tooth down here in the swamps of North Florida. He has never had snake boots and he’s in the woods a pretty good bit but will likely be in the turkey woods a little bit more this year given his age. To that extent do you guys have any experience with regard to youth snake boots? Obviously the challenge is no matter what I buy the old boy he will grow out of it in a few months to one year at the most. I figure I could invest in a decent pair and then turn around and sell them for about a quarter of what I buy them for. There is no price you can put on the safety of your kids but at the same time I want to try to be Judicious. Any thoughts regarding youth snake boots for an old boy in North Florida who is 12 years old?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Academy sports has some good looking camo zip up youth snake boots that want break the bank , my daughter has went through a couple pairs of them

Gbr5pb

Always wondered though on the youth and women’s snake boots most are only 13 inches tall. Does the snake know not to strike as high on a youth or woman?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I can remember my son at 4 yrs old with snake gaiters on. They fit like chaps.

grady white

The academy brand snake boots have been great for my boys and they get worn a lot and they come up to their knees ..my 12 year old can wear a men's size now ...you could also get a women's size that will fit a youngster if you don't want to go with a youth size.

killerv

Our local bps always seems to have some in the outlet section for cheap, heck, they had womens chippewas for 70 bucks the other day. That was a steal! Friend of mine gave me some womens SHE boots for my 11yo son, no pink on them either! He also has a pair of the academy megellans, 30 bucks on sale.

dtala

I have bought the Academy snake boots for my grandson. He wore them like shoes...every dang day!!!! They didn't wear out and he outgrew them. Kids grow too fast to spend unnecessary money on boots and clothes.

First day hog hunting he walked up on a rattlesnake, no bite but it showed the need for the boots.