How long to wait for Jesus would be too long?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
from what I understand the name translation has to do with Joshua being written pre Roman rule, and Jesus being post Roman rule translation. Either way, Yeshua is hebrew for Salvation.

To me, it seems a little disrespectful to name a child Jesus, but the hispanic people do it all the time. I wouldn't name my son Jesus though.

Oh, and my birthday is in a couple week, so I will just accept that as an early birthday wish. lol

The way I know what God wants is thru reading and studying the Bible, and prayer. Just like everyone else, I do the things I do because I believe what I am doing is the right thing to do. Sometimes I will start to do something and just don't feel comfortable with it. I call it a check. It is like God saying ' not here, not now' You can read about things like this in Acts 14 - 16 when Paul says the Holy Spirit would not allow him to preach in certain cities. Not that preaching was bad, and not that teaching in that town was bad. It just wasn't time for them to be preached to. God had other plans. On occasion, I will have something planned to do, and I get an uneasy feeling about it, so I change my plans.

Now to you and others, it might be explained as just changing my mind or something. All I can tell you is that out of the blue, I will have this uneasyness, and sense that something just isn't quite right. I have learned to trust those feelings, and change what I am doing.
Well..........spiritually speaking,.............they do correspond::ke:

Are you that hung up on a definition of a name? :pop:

We could have just went straight to the Bible where his name shall be called Jesus..we call him Almighty, Beloved Son, Alpha and Omega, Bread of Life, etc. But you wouldn't have believed me;)
What I am saying is that all the other Yeshua's in the Bible stick with the Joshua translation. I feel that Jesus was also Yeshua in the earliest manuscripts as all the other Yeshuas were and they were ALL Yeshua/Joshua. None of the earliest people new him as Jesus. Much later when re-written it looks like Yeshua was translated into Joshua except for one person. It seems as though it was done purposely because ALL the others Yeshua(s)/Joshua(s) could have all been translated the same but purposely were not.

The Disciples never knew him as Jesus. They knew him as Joshua.
But that does not allow him to stand out in the stories so a purposeful translation change was made.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What I am saying is that all the other Yeshua's in the Bible stick with the Joshua translation. I feel that Jesus was also Yeshua in the earliest manuscripts as all the other Yeshuas were and they were ALL Yeshua/Joshua. None of the earliest people new him as Jesus. Much later when re-written it looks like Yeshua was translated into Joshua except for one person. It seems as though it was done purposely because ALL the others Yeshua(s)/Joshua(s) could have all been translated the same but purposely were not.

But that does not allow him to stand out in the stories so a purposeful translation change was made.
Ok I gotcha that time :cheers:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I am trying to think of the Joshuas listed in the New Testament..... I know there are at least 2 with the name Jesus, one being Bar Jesus, the other Jesus, the Christ.

atlashunter

lets see...

all the world doesn't mean all the world

every creature doesn't mean all mankind

The man of predition means a lot of men

A new heaven and earth means ?????

No more seas means ????

No more death,crying,or pain means we still have death, crying and pain

no more night means ????

I don't know about you, Spotlight, but I just see a lot of twisting and turning trying to explain how all this means something other than what it says. If Jesus had returned, then we would see the prophecies fulfilled.

The Bible says there will be no more sin, yet I see sin everyday, and commit a few myself from time to time. The Bible says that the Mount of Olives will be split into and a river will flood the valley and bring life to the Dead Sea. When I was there 3 years ago, the Dead Sea was still dead. Scripture says Satan will be bound and cast into a bottomless pit..... he still seems to be around and doing his thing now a days to me.

While I admire that Hobbs has spent a lot of time studying and reading, I just can't agree with him on most of his interpretation of Scripture.

Don’t forget that when Revelation says Satan is thrown in the abyss for 1,000 years of peace that actually means 40 years during which there wasn’t peace.

j_seph

You do realize that is a physical phenomenon? Right?
a physical phenomenon involving electricity. electricity. a physical phenomenon associated with stationary or moving electrons and protons. energy. any source of usable power.
However you see results (the lights) yet you cannot see the electricity, the electrons, and protons. I cannot see the Father the Son the Holy spirit but I can see the results from striving to live my life as a Christian.

atlashunter

a physical phenomenon involving electricity. electricity. a physical phenomenon associated with stationary or moving electrons and protons. energy. any source of usable power.
However you see results (the lights) yet you cannot see the electricity, the electrons, and protons. I cannot see the Father the Son the Holy spirit but I can see the results from striving to live my life as a Christian.

What does that have to do with the second coming?

atlashunter

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The scripture says he will be visible to all. It doesn’t say you won’t be able to see him.

j_seph

The scripture says he will be visible to all. It doesn’t say you won’t be able to see him.
As Christians our Hope and Faith is in Jesus, this I see is a big issue with non-believers. They lack faith, because they cannot see Gods works and no man can physically prove to them there is a God. Y'all look for evidence from man. If Jesus comes back in my lifetime then hallelujah lets go. If it is another 1,000 years then so be it. We have hope and through that we have faith, we have not seen him yet however we have evidence in our lives that his word is true. So if he said he will return, and all eyes will see him then why should we worry if it is in the next 5 minutes or the next 1000 years? I have my ticket, it is you and others that I worry about. God wishes that none shall perish, and we as Christians are here to do a job and to help lead others to Christ. Just what if he came today? How would you in all seriousness take it?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
As Christians our Hope and Faith is in Jesus, this I see is a big issue with non-believers. They lack faith, because they cannot see Gods works and no man can physically prove to them there is a God. Y'all look for evidence from man. If Jesus comes back in my lifetime then hallelujah lets go. If it is another 1,000 years then so be it. We have hope and through that we have faith, we have not seen him yet however we have evidence in our lives that his word is true. So if he said he will return, and all eyes will see him then why should we worry if it is in the next 5 minutes or the next 1000 years? I have my ticket, it is you and others that I worry about. God wishes that none shall perish, and we as Christians are here to do a job and to help lead others to Christ. Just what if he came today? How would you in all seriousness take it?
About the same way you would take the arrival of Zeus.

atlashunter

This is what happens when you pop into the middle of a conversation. You’re completely off topic. We were talking about the preterist claim that Jesus had already returned. The scriptures say he would be coming through the clouds and would be visible to all. Unless everyone on the planet suddenly grows some special eyes that means his return has to be a physical phenomenon because the light that allows us to see is a physical phenomenon.

oldfella1962

what if non-believers see "gods work" but don't credit these works to the right god? What if we see the works of a powerful spirit in every facet of nature/science/math everywhere we look but think it has nothing to do with good versus evil or any other man made concept? What if we think all living things are equal and that every human is equal? This is deserving of eternal torture? Just sayin'