Hunting land that borders an interstate - access/pull off?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Cut a small area on the property for the vehicle to be parked on off the shoulder. I have seen a fella that does that on I-185. No issues with him doing that plus the land is landlocked. Don't know if it's legal but no one has said anything to him and he has been checked before.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve parked beside I185 in Troup co several times and never had a issue . Just pulled my truck real close to the woods . Actually cleaned a couple deer on the ground because I couldn’t get them over the fence and didn’t want to damage it . That interstate noise sucks though

j_seph

Simple is NO you can't legally. I have a piece that I did this on and a deputy waiting for me. I explained and he said leave a note you are hunting. According to GDOT, no you cannot and if say a vehicle wrecked, hit your vehicle it could come back to haunt you.

Wifeshusband

I think it depends on who's patrolling the interstate. As antharper said, I see this all the time on I-185 in Troup and Harris counties. The local sheriffs seem more interested in targeting speeders than worrying about guys parking trucks in the emergency lane, but I would take antharper's advice and pull off the emergency lane onto dirt. Also, as I learned long time ago when hunting and fishing, it pays to get to know your county sheriff.

Blackston

Advice my Diddy gave me as a young man ... ( don’t know if it was good or bad ) Never break more than one law at a time ... make sure everything else is in order before you do it .

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I would have no problem parking off the interstate, but when I was a kid, we parked way off to the side.