I need a new machete. I know you all know the best one out there.

Mars

I have a gerber gator that I picked up 15ish years ago. I've abused it and it still works great. I got they haven't changed anything about it because I would buy another one.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
In the georgia bramble's, I'll take this over a machete any day...

My post from the other machete thread...

Screenshot_20230614_191911_Brave.jpg

Toliver

I still can't remember where I got it. I thought it was Home Depot but I checked their website and Lowe's but can't find a match. This is the result of 3 outings. No rocks. Just saplings and limbs.

20230615_203326.jpg20230615_203339.jpg20230615_203504.jpg

I do like the handle. Rubber and fits my hand nicely. But I can't even find a brand name on it. Just some odd number that I can't use on Amazon, Lowe's or Home Depot to figure out what it is and where it came from. Home Depot would probably let me return it if it came from there.

20230615_203414.jpg20230615_203357.jpg20230615_203408.jpg

And that last picture shows the nuts that had loosened considerably after the 1st use.

Toliver

@Toliver this will solve all your issues..

KA-BAR 2-1249-9 Kukri,Black https://a.co/d/1LcryXv
I looked at those. There have been some really good suggestions in this thread. Before it's over I may have a whole arsenal of these things for my wife to supervise me with. A cutting instrument for every occasion.

I have been a machete machine throughout my life. This is the only one I use and have had one now for 15 years or so. I keep it sharpened with my works sharpener. I like your thinking always room for more tools in the tools shed

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
This is what I use. Badboy will cut some brush.
Sharpen with a file when it gets dull.

Toliver

This is what I use. Badboy will cut some brush.
Sharpen with a file when it gets dull.
Never used that version but I have a lot of hours on the long handle version. They will definitely clear some brush.

Toliver

My Woodman's Pal arrived today. The replica military manuals that came with it are hilarious. I now know how to engage the enemy who wields a sword, knife or bayonet, either fixed or drawn. I also know how to collect coconuts, split palm fronds, build a lean-to, dig a trench and survive happily and comfortably if I'm shot down in a jungle setting.

specialk

BTDT! Nothing I ever used looked as pretty tho.

with the gas powered stuff out now i cant believe they still make them....

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
with the gas powered stuff out now i cant believe they still make them....
They work.. and don't cost anything after the initial buy, but a little time to sharpen and a back ache the next day.

Toliver

I have used both of those a lot. And they both have advantages over gas powered stuff.