I need a new machete. I know you all know the best one out there.

B. White

this is what we used back in the day.....the first pic was my first weedeater!

You beat me to it. A machete makes my elbow ache for a week. I can go a lot more hours with a ditch bank blade and loppers.

I still have a swing blade as pictured, but haven't had a need to use it for a while. Going to look at another scythe this weekend, if timing works out.

Toliver

I got an 18" blade Ontario Knife company machete yesterday from the local Preppers' store. It is a solid unit with some weight to it. I can't wait to try it out.

I looked at 18 and 24 inch machetes at the local Army Navy surplus store. They were crap. Thin and very flexible. I felt like I could play a tune like you do on a saw blade. Some Colombian company that no one here mentioned. Probably for good reason.

I did get a 12" Ontario Knife machete from the surplus store so it wasn't a total wasted trip. Again, a very solid feeling unit and it has U.S. stamped below the company name. I think this one will be good for putting on the belt and having just in case I need it but wasn't planning on machete-ing.

Toliver

Here is the Brazil made one. I put a couple additions to it. Carabiner to clip on your belt loop, 550 cord to hang it over your shoulder. Reflective tape on the blade so it’s easy to find out coon hunting or if you loan it to somebody and they lay it down somewhere in the middle of a cutover. A cheap file or rock keeps a sharp edge on it. This one has a lot of miles on it, I keep one I both my trucks. I’ve had several different ones….but you can go to work with this one.View attachment 1233017View attachment 1233018
I'm still planning on getting one of these.

I'm concerned that I can't throw it in the dishwasher though being that it's hand wash only.

Its saving grace, however, is that it's induction stovetop compatible. That's an important feature for a machete.

Screenshot_20230623_003645_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230623_003708_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Dub