JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018 III

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Breaking light I think cause my head is buried and i cant look around... it’s brutal folks, and we’ve hunted brutal before! Im between standing corn, crp, nasty thicket, on a wet frozen slough... with acre of corn knock dotin front of me with beans mixed in ...wish I could turn around and look at it! Here we go...swaying! Should make for a nice arrow flight

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I've been on lockdown since light. Yeah narrow 9 in CRP has been tending a doe and pushing off another buck. Never any closer than 50 yards, but fun to watch. Probably a 3 yr old, but a heck of a3b yr old if he is

bulletjig

Is Bubba ever gonna tell us how big the beast in Kansas was and did Steve have trail cam pictures of it. Just wondering.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Is Bubba ever gonna tell us how big the beast in Kansas was and did Steve have trail cam pictures of it. Just wondering.
Not sure if Steve has pics. The buck had heavy beams but his tines weren't real long. His brows were thick and blades and very long. Longer than his other tines and stood out above the rest. I didn't see it a but it also had some type of dagger coming off a beam.

All quiet over here now.

bearlab25

Good luck to all out chasing bucks in the Midwest this morning.

I wanted to take a minute to brag on my grandad this morning. He shot a 8pt last night on our lease in Monroe County Ga last night. Not the biggest, but to hear the excitement in his voice when I got the call to come help get him it out was priceless. I sure hope that when I’m 81 that I have the ability to still go hunting get around as well as he does.CAD10915-C4CE-4F6C-9FF0-2BFB127177A3.jpeg

Greene728

I don’t see how you guys handle those weather conditions day in and day out. I’ve been in Illinois a number of times with wind and temps like that and it’s awful. And in the Midwest, there’s no hiding from that wind either. Good luck cause y’all have certainly earned it!

SECDAWGS1

JT, that elevated blind across the CRP looks comfortable and a lot warmer for the day like y'all are describing. Good luck to you, Bubba, and the rest of y'all swinging from a tree. I hope today is the day.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good luck to all out chasing bucks in the Midwest this morning.

I wanted to take a minute to brag on my grandad this morning. He shot a 8pt last night on our lease in Monroe County Ga last night. Not the biggest, but to hear the excitement in his voice when I got the call to come help get him it out was priceless. I sure hope that when I’m 81 that I have the ability to still go hunting get around as well as he does.View attachment 949144

Don't get much better than that. Tell him congrats from all of us!