Late Season in IL...Live From The Tree 2012!

That sure is purdy Jim. Good luck to you guys this year. Will you guys be posting more here or more to the FB page?

cowhornedspike

Jim, Once you start the new thread will you please post a link to it here so those of us who followed this one won't miss it.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT and Bubba, when are we getting the schedule for this year?

It's been a serious cluster this year trying to get the new farms in IA ironed out and the house built etc etc. And it's not getting any less clustery :bounce:

Last day of work for me is this saturday. I will be in either IA or MO on Monday. Bubba should be coming up on Wednesday.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Tick tock tick tock.…. Hope yall have a great year JT!! We heading up Nov. 1st for a week with high hopes as usual. Getting good reports of crops coming out which we were really worried about with all the rain and late planting. I will follow along as usual and hopefully be able to add to the best thread on the interweb!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Tick tock tick tock.…. Hope yall have a great year JT!! We heading up Nov. 1st for a week with high hopes as usual. Getting good reports of crops coming out which we were really worried about with all the rain and late planting. I will follow along as usual and hopefully be able to add to the best thread on the interweb!!

I am sure you will swing by with a dead giant or 3 to share. Our MO corn is still standing and still has some green in it. No telling when it'll come out. Prolly around thanksgiving :bounce:

Almost time!

Smokim

Cant wait to get the party started and follow along with the action. I never got the big news that Bubba alluded to at the end of last season?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Cant wait to get the party started and follow along with the action. I never got the big news that Bubba alluded to at the end of last season?

Well it was good news and bad news all rolled into one seriously clustered season.

We bought a farm in Iowa and in March we started the process of moving there and building a house that would suffice until full retirement with plans that Bubba would build another house to live out his golden years (he is very old now :bounce:).

With weather delays and omish builder delays and plumber delays, the house just got completed at the end of August. We have been staying in cabins, campers, hotels and the truck to get this done.

We have spent so many hours and dollars into this that it aint funny. We have driver's licenses, registration, carry permits, bank accounts, health insurance, paying Iowa taxes, Bubba has home ownership, I have signed and dated home lease agreement with proof of payment, we both have utilities and cellphone bills, we have land ownership and no claim to residency in any other state, but because we have been previous non-residents and the house was not completed 90 days before applying for a hunting license they are delaying our residency for hunting until it can be reviewed by the higher powers that be.

Which short story long means we may not be hunting IA this season, although we are in talks with them regularly.

If it matters to anyone, this is the exact same thing I did back in 2009 when I moved from GA to IL and there wasnt a drop of push-back from IL. I lived there for 5 years before moving to IN in 2014 and again there was zero push-back from the state.

But what do you do??? Just hunt and have a blast!