Man I love me some weight watchers!

jigman29

Woke up the other day and realized I done went and got fat!I told the wife how my pants shrunk since the last time I wore them lol.Well she come in the other night with a handful of books on weight watchers,telling me how she went and signed us up so now I have been on it for about 5 days and I think I am gonna die for sure.They give me all these "points" I have to eat but everything I like is not what I should eat so I have a hard time finding a way to eat it all.But I wanted to share tonights supper since it was so awesome :banginghe.

1)I took a perfect pork chop and cooked it on the grill which was ok.

2)Next we took a pot full of green beans and boiled them WITHOUT ANY BACON OR FATBACK!!!!

3)My wife made me a glass of tea to wash it all down with but when I took the first drink I vapor locked.NO SUGAR,that's right sugar free tea.I fought down the urge to throw it at her,especially when she told me how she used splenda which is the same thing.NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

Anyway I figured I would save you guys the horror of picks and ask for a few prayers to help me survive this.If any one of you have been through this any advise would be appreciated.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man. That can't be any fun.

Altamaha Stalker

Eat a lot of fresh fruit and raw veggies.

That can give you a lil hock in your greens and some sugar in your tea!

There is no way I could go on a total diet like that!!!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Talk to Hooked on Quack, he's been down this road before.......... I tried years ago, but if you don't make it a "life change" it's not worth the hassle!:crazy:

Sterlo58

I am going through this right now and it is difficult but you will be surprised what you can get used to. Try making greens seasoned with some bullion ( beef or chicken) and a little canola oil. It is really pretty good. The diet drinks took a while to get used to but now sugared drinks taste too sweet to me.
Drink lots of water and eat smaller portions. NO SECONDS. Stay away from fast food and eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. You don't have to give it all up just eat smaller portions and most important...exercise. YOU CAN DO IT.
I feel your pain right now but I also look forward to feeling better, being healthier for my family and having more energy. WE CAN DO THIS :cool:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Talk to Hooked on Quack, he's been down this road before.......... I tried years ago, but if you don't make it a "life change" it's not worth the hassle!:crazy:

Still going down this road . . . :banginghe

Gasbag

Been on Weight Watchers for about 4 weeks now, and I have to tell you if you do it right, it works great. I am down 18 lbs, and feel great. Some tips for you.........eat breakfast, it boosts your metabolism and gives you energy for the day. Eat a snack at 10:00 a.m. and a snack at 3:00 p.m. It helps get through the day. Smart Ones frozen meals are not bad, their not good either, but they are edible. Coke Zero is better than Diet Coke and is the same points. The website www.skinnytaste.com has some pretty good recipes. The spicy shrimp fried rice is really good. You just have to get in a groove, and you will be fine. If you eat out, eat chicken and vegetables. Stay away from deep fried anything, and limit bread intake unless it is whole wheat. Reward yourself when you hit goals. When I lost 10 pounds, I went to Williamson Bros and killed some barbeque.

jigman29

I am getting a little more used to it but it is still hard.I am trying to get used to the portion control and I have to eat a lot more than I am used to and I have to make better choices.I hope it will all work out but who knows only the future will tell.

poohbear

I've been down this road also more than once, lost 85 lbs first time gained about 60 back now doing again and down 45 it's something you got to keep doing or it's coming back, but WW is the best way they teach you to eat everyday food not some pre packaged food and you will be surprised how much better you feel. You want have indigestion heartburn or any problems, go back to eating fried food and all this comes back. Give it a couple of weeks and it will be a lot easier. And like the other poster said reward yourself for a good week, the wife and I usually go after weigh in to a restaurant of choice and eat what we want and then start again the next day. Good luck.

Doe Master

Banned

BINGO! I always gained back more then I lost after a year or so after losing it. I need to lose a bunch of weight now. The older we get the harder it is.

John I. Shore

Didn't do the WW thingy but changed eating habits, lost 36lbs in 9 weeks, ate 4-5 times a day, blood pressure dropped enough to come off meds, cholesterol dropped low enough to come off meds, feeling Great. Recommended read: Skinny (slang for guys), by doing so can eat anything I want now. Good luck with it. Keep us posted on how the ww thingy goes.

John I.

blakely

I've lost 75 lbs in the past year, using WW as a guideline. I don't actually go to meetings. Wife has lost 45 lbs too, We feel great, since losing the weight.

Since October, we have gotten off the diet and just maintained our weight losses through the holidays. We are, now, getting started back on the diet. Once you get used to the changes to your eating habits, its not so bad.

jigman29

I am on my secon week and lost 7lb the first week.I don't weigh except at the weigh in so I don't drive myself crazy with it.I have a hard time eating all my points each day but I do realize now that I was living an extremely unhealthy lifestyle just from the large amounts of sugar I was consuming through drinking.I was at a gallon of sweet tea a day plus a couple of cokes so I hope just cutting them out will help a lot.Thanks for the tips I hope I can stick with the lifestyle change for a long time just to help be a good example for my kids.

bamaboy

Woke up the other day and realized I done went and got fat!I told the wife how my pants shrunk since the last time I wore them lol.Well she come in the other night with a handful of books on weight watchers,telling me how she went and signed us up so now I have been on it for about 5 days and I think I am gonna die for sure.They give me all these "points" I have to eat but everything I like is not what I should eat so I have a hard time finding a way to eat it all.But I wanted to share tonights supper since it was so awesome :banginghe.

1)I took a perfect pork chop and cooked it on the grill which was ok.

2)Next we took a pot full of green beans and boiled them WITHOUT ANY BACON OR FATBACK!!!!

3)My wife made me a glass of tea to wash it all down with but when I took the first drink I vapor locked.NO SUGAR,that's right sugar free tea.I fought down the urge to throw it at her,especially when she told me how she used splenda which is the same thing.NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

Anyway I figured I would save you guys the horror of picks and ask for a few prayers to help me survive this.If any one of you have been through this any advise would be appreciated.

You are not alone I start tomorrow,Dr's orders.:banginghe

Dub

It Can be done, brother.

Weight Watchers is just one path.

Trust me on this one thing, eliminating sugar and refined carbs from your diet will work wonders. Throw in some exercise three or more times per week and you will amaze yourself.

I dropped 120+ pounds in 2011 doing this.

I'll never go back to eating that crap again. Our bodies simply weren't designed to eat & drink that garbage.

If I can do it, then so can most.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I am on my secon week and lost 7lb the first week.I don't weigh except at the weigh in so I don't drive myself crazy with it.I have a hard time eating all my points each day but I do realize now that I was living an extremely unhealthy lifestyle just from the large amounts of sugar I was consuming through drinking.I was at a gallon of sweet tea a day plus a couple of cokes so I hope just cutting them out will help a lot.Thanks for the tips I hope I can stick with the lifestyle change for a long time just to help be a good example for my kids.
:banginghe My biggest downfall......... I'm not a big candy eater, give me some deer jerky instead, but sweet tea?? Oh man, LOVE my sweet tea....... but I gotta do something, this HBP is not fun!:banginghe

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
It Can be done, brother.

Weight Watchers is just one path.

Trust me on this one thing, eliminating sugar and refined carbs from your diet will work wonders. Throw in some exercise three or more times per week and you will amaze yourself.

I dropped 120+ pounds in 2011 doing this.

I'll never go back to eating that crap again. Our bodies simply weren't designed to eat & drink that garbage.

If I can do it, then so can most.
It's so much easier for you menfolk to literally *drop* the pounds!:whip:
Oh, hope you recoup quick from your surgery, Dub!:cool:

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
The website www.skinnytaste.com has some pretty good recipes. The spicy shrimp fried rice is really good. You just have to get in a groove, and you will be fine.

I just checked out this website and it does have some great looking recipes that look easy to make. I just printed out a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup; I'm going to make that tonight! :banana:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I just checked out this website and it does have some great looking recipes that look easy to make. I just printed out a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup; I'm going to make that tonight! :banana:

Are you a "fatty" too ?? :huh: