Mid day hunting...anyone had any luck at it??

Arrow3

As some of you know I work crazy hours sometimes...Ole HT2 calls me at all times of the day and night sometime because he can't keep up...Most of the time Im to tired to go straight hunting in the mornings....I was thinking with some cooler air on the way I might try midday....Sleep till 10:30 or so and go to the stand and sit to 2 or 3....I know a deer could walk by at anytime but early morning/late afternoon are the PRIME times...Anyone saw much deer activity during midday??

Walkie Takie

try new times

Hey, arrow try going in w/ other are coming out and stay all day , great in the rut , will be trying this thur , fri the buck's will be moving on and off most of the day ( they have something on there mind) and cooler weather is on the way , I know it's hard to try new time's , we always hunted day light - 10;30 3;00 - dark , try mid day and maybe a new spot and see what happens good luck w/t

duke13

Most of the deer i see are midday. Last saturday i saw 6 deer. 1 was at 9:30 the rest...11:15. I always sit til at least 12:00. Starting this week(I'm on vac from sat til the following sun) I'll sit til 1:00 most days and dependiong on what happens I probably will sit a couple days from sunup til sundown.

Ya can't kill them sitting in camp!

If sitting that long is a problem, pack a lunch and a water bottle, sit as long as you can then still hunt to another stand and sit as long as you can again. With the rut fixing to really get kicking here we need to spend every minute in the woods!

Nitro

Banned
I kill and see many deer during the late morning and midday period.

Killed 4 does in SC over the weekend- 10:50, 12:40, 5:15 and 6:50 PM. (Friday and Saturday)

I saw one good buck- 15" eight point at 9:40 AM. couldn't get a shot as he was cruising through planted pines and would not stop for a shot.

At our club we hunt from 9 AM to dark as a rule. The deer move all day long .

FYI- Nosler Accubond 130 grain .277 cal is deadly. All my deer fell in their tracks. May replace the Ballistic Tip as my preferred projectile. All pass through with massive tissue damage and huge exit wounds.

Have a great season.

AG

georgiaboy

I have killed my biggest and seen the most big deer during the middle of the day. agarr, Thanks for the Accubond report. I have 160s for my 7mm Mag. that I haven't used and I have some 140s on the way for the 7-08 and the 7mm Mag. If I get results they will be posted!