Mossberg 835 good for turkey??

Lostoutlaw

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ya'll killin me with these kind words about dat dang ole NO goof Fer nuttin gun:yawn:

Greg Tench

Jestaholic said:
See questions above.....
Jesta......As for question #1.......I dont, Question #2,I think they do make a recoil pad that attaches to the stock plate .

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
835 is great!!
I like mine!
yes the 3 n a half will kick yer rompus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it will kill turkeys and coyotes like a hot knife thru butta!!

I agree with quackaddict, when u shoot a turkey you really don't even notice it.
but when I take a preseason day to shoot a few rounds......well lets just say I've learned now to put two oven mitts between my shoulder and the stockbutt..........and i'll still be black and blue with nerve damage!
fun though! i'm not tryin to scare anybody i'm just laughin out loud!

gregg

I've killed a pile of birds with mine, only gun I've used for turkey hunting in 20+ years......But Geez does it KICK, I won't even test fire the thing anymore, nope it is good to go, I know I don't really need the 3 1/2" shells, but they've worked so well to date I just deal with it....:crazy:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Some events in life you never forget the feeling.... getting married, the birth of your child..... and the recoil of a 12 ga Mossberg pump with a 3.5 inch Turkey load with Max powder. It hurt. A lot.

dtala

I patterned mine the first time and stopped at a local hunting store on the way home and sold it. I was skeered I would forget how bad it kicked and try to shoot it again later on......:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Brad

I've seen a few picture on here of what a scoped 835 will do if not careful. I too have been "kissed" and trust me it leaves a mark.

six

I've seen a few picture on here of what a scoped 835 will do if not careful. I too have been "kissed" and trust me it leaves a mark.
Mine gave me a hickey

Curtis-UGA

I have killed a many with one shooting 3.5s. Recoil doesn't bother me too much. Switched to a 20 gauge two years ago because I wanted a light weight gun.

blt152

The 835 is a good reliable shotgun. With the many turkey chokes on the market it can be made into a long range turkey killer. The down side is it kicks like a mule on steroids!! I shoot the .12ga 3 1/2 inch but in a Remington 1187 Super Mag.

hawglips

Banned
I've been enjoying the 28 gauge the last few years. But then I went out and bought another .410....

HGC1

I have 2 835s and they are work horses been through heck and back some say they are the worst on recoil but any pump you buy chambered in 3 1/2 is rough on the shoulder but my 14yr old son is a thin young man and he will pattern it and he shoots it well and I shoot a 10 ga single shot with intros no complaints when pulling the trigger on a gobbler. If the kicks bad on it drop to a 3 inch shell in it!! good luck!!

JohnK

I don't feel it shooting at a turkey or coyote, I don't even really hear it. Paper is a different matter. I missed a coyote shooting left handed last weekend, I hate to think of practicing left handed shots. (3 1/2" #4 buckshot)

deersled

shot 1...that's right, ONE 3 1/2" out of mine and been shooting 3" ever since. Great gun!

Jellyhead Joe

I have one and love it. It does kick bad, but I have to say that mag. blends in a 3.5 don't hold a candle to the recoil of a Winchester supreme 3.5. I have learned to sight it in with a light load, then fire one 3.5 to test my pattern.