Moving from FL to GA Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlebug

Be very careful about South Georgia/North Florida. The Lake City/Live Oak area into Valdosta and so on. We are being overrun with Northerners retiring who have found central and southern Florida too expensive. Our housing prices are going through the roof thanks to the transplants and yes, they want to join school boards and commissions and so on and brought their liberal ways with them. It's not pretty in South Georgia right now, plus we have the University here in Valdosta and I don't even go to town except for work or necessities. Valdosta State University might as well be its own liberal city straight out of the "ATL" now. We're now seeing at least one shooting a week, usually two. More murders this year and increased gang activity like we've never had. It's not pleasant here anymore. Go to North Eastern Georgia.

Big7

The Oracle
I would never make the mistake I did in the early 90's when I moved back to my hometown in Georgia from S. Florida.

Just about had to on account of my Grandmother, that was ancient at the time and parents getting older.

When I get back to Florida, I will only come back to this blue state for weddings and funerals.

Big7

The Oracle
The hunting pretty much sucks down there except hog, turkey and the rare tiny deer..

But... The green grass, high tides and fishing are epic.

Beagler

There’s no place to live that’s perfect and that includes Georgia, if uou find the prefect place let me know so I can move there to. Of course when I move there it won’t be perfect any longer.

My own leap from a bustling city to a more tranquil setting was filled with similar apprehensions. In Georgia, you'll find a variety of communities that are welcoming to families, offering quality schools and safer environments.

When my family moved, we looked for areas with a strong sense of community, good schools, and affordable living costs. Georgia is vast with many family-friendly cities that offer new construction neighborhoods and a variety of job opportunities. Researching and visiting potential cities can really help you get a feel for the place.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I will take a look at it! That sounds like something that we would definitely consider. Thank you!
I have family at Kings Bay and enjoy it down there. It feels rural but everything is nearby. If you need to get closer to Atlanta due to work Floyd is nice as Dave said. Much of the suburban growth is in Cherokee County around Canton and further north to Jasper. Schools are good and there’s plenty of shopping nearby. The expressways make commuting in and out of the city easier. The lakes will be your front yard and the mountains in your backyard. We’ve enjoyed living here but it’s growing fast.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I like Cherokee county and the school system our kids went to A lot! They have emissions and it’s exploding here too though. We plan to retire in the North Ga mountains but that be a decade away. North Georgia is nice, but if you leave the salt water, you’ll leave those fish too. No redfish here!

MudDucker

Staff member
At this time, I am an administrative secretary for a plant nursery and my husband is a range officer at our local county owned gun range.

We both have bachelor's degrees in criminal justice administration and have pistol shooting instructor certifications. He has some management experience as well.

I used to also sell firearms for 7 years at our local Bass Pro. Just can't seem to find a job in my field of study. There's too much competition here.

Being bilingual I'm sure will help us a ton if we move up so that's a bonus

‘Look at Hahira Ga. Great schools, rural atmosphere, but check jobs first.

tr21

don't look in the Dahlonega, Blue Ridge, Blairsville area. there's nothing here no fancy restaurants, heck ya have to drive 20 miles to even find a dollar general. If there's a accident on these curvy roads (which happens often due to motorcycles and sports car drivers wanting to test their skills, YES THEY OFTEN FAIL THAT TEST) and you have to drive a hour to get around it. no fancy stores, Ingles is the only decent grocery store here ain't no Kroger or Publix or Sam's Costco or BJ's within a hour of here. so just keep going you don't want to live here ! OH AND IN THE FALL DON'T EVEN CONSIDER LEAVING THE HOUSE BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE WITH ALL THE LEAF LOOKERS!!!!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
don't look in the Dahlonega, Blue Ridge, Blairsville area. there's nothing here no fancy restaurants, heck ya have to drive 20 miles to even find a dollar general. If there's a accident on these curvy roads (which happens often due to motorcycles and sports car drivers wanting to test their skills, YES THEY OFTEN FAIL THAT TEST) and you have to drive a hour to get around it. no fancy stores, Ingles is the only decent grocery store here ain't no Kroger or Publix or Sam's Costco or BJ's within a hour of here. so just keep going you don't want to live here ! OH AND IN THE FALL DON'T EVEN CONSIDER LEAVING THE HOUSE BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE WITH ALL THE LEAF LOOKERS!!!!!
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.