N Ga Mountain Lion?

thumper523

This picture was taken in Dade County, does it look like a mountain lion or cougar?

Attachments

• Mtn Lion.jpg
    Mtn Lion.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10,260

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bobcat!

Campingman

Yep, Bobcat.

hoochfisher

Banned
bobcat. what looks to be a cougar's tail to some is just the bobcat's front left leg.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

wmflyfisher

bobcat. what looks to be a cougar's tail to some is just the bobcat's front left leg.

No way possible. It's sitting way too far back.

Just for perspective the road that it's standing on is a dirt road that 4 wheelers travel on. You guys have great points on the bobcat but I'm sticking to Mtn lion on this one!

hoochfisher

Banned
No way possible. It's sitting way too far back

thats because the pic is right before that leg is gonna move for a forward step.

there is also a gap of air between the bobcats rearend and what the "cougar" crowd is saying is it's tail.

wmflyfisher

thats because the pic is right before that leg is gonna move for a forward step.

there is also a gap of air between the bobcats rearend and what the "cougar" crowd is saying is it's tail.

Not sure if I see that area that you are referring to. Look at the tail once again. It's one fluid piece. If the tail stopped at the black spot then you would be able to see that and a point with nothing below it but air don't you think? I just want to know!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pine nut

I don't know! But if it is a bobcat, its a goodun' He looks mighty powerful and thick bodied. I did see one cross Hwy 15 right before Rose Creek about twenty five years ago maybe thirty that looked as if he was as big as my Labrador retriever. had a good look at him too with two witnesses in the car. I also had a small one jump out of a ditch and land within six inches of my right ankle. My first thought was yes! Maybe because of the idea in the title was lpanted in my mind. Try it with different title in another forum and compare results! LOL

golffreak

Bobcat...no question about it. I've only killed about 30 of them over the years and several of them were huge.