New Turkey gun

Buckman18

Do you know what a straw man argument is?

Will you answer my original question? I’m curious.
1. I do.

2. My honest, gut reactionary thought when I watched the video was, “this man is trying to sell me his name and brand.” In other areas of life, I’ve had the same gut feeling from other pitch men like Billy Mays, and from other products like the Sham Wow cloth, flex seal, etc. As far as knowing the guy in the video, I don’t, but if he wants me to buy his shotgun I’m not going to because my gut tells me he is a ‘pitch man.’

The OP asked for thoughts, and I gave him mine. You’ve put way more thought into this thing than I ever thought I would have??? Apparently we have different perceptions of the video?

What are your thoughts on the $1700, “perfect” shotgun with a bone collector sticker on it? Have you bought one yet? Do I need to go pick one up because it’s the next best thing?

stringmusic

1. I do.

2. My honest, gut reactionary thought when I watched the video was, “this man is trying to sell me his name and brand.” In other areas of life, I’ve had the same gut feeling from other pitch men like Billy Mays, and from other products like the Sham Wow cloth, flex seal, etc.

You understand that’s one of the ways he makes money? Whatever gun you shoot has a brand they promote and sell too. Do you compare every sales pitch you ever see to Billy Mays? Seems weird
The OP asked for thoughts, and I gave him mine. You’ve put way more thought into this thing than I ever thought I would have??? Apparently we have different perceptions of the video?
Yes you gave your thoughts and I asked you a simple question, that’s all.
What are your thoughts on the $1700, “perfect” shotgun with a bone collector sticker on it? Have you bought one yet? Do I need to go pick one up because it’s the next best thing?
You say you know what a straw man is, yet you keep using it?

I never said the gun was perfect or that I wanted one, or you should buy one, I haven’t said a single word about the gun.

Never mind I reckon, was just curious why you thought he came across as a con man.

Buckman18

You understand that’s one of the ways he makes money? Whatever gun you shoot has a brand they promote and sell too. Do you compare every sales pitch you ever see to Billy Mays? Seems weird

Yes you gave your thoughts and I asked you a simple question, that’s all.

You say you know what a straw man is, yet you keep using it?

I never said the gun was perfect or that I wanted one, or you should buy one, I haven’t said a single word about the gun.

Never mind I reckon, was just curious why you thought he came across as a con man.

As I’ve stated, my gut tells me no go! Am I wrong for listening to my gut?

I’m gonna reiterate: IM NOT GONNA BUY THIS SHOTGUN!

You seem to be a fan of this guy? GOOD FOR YOU!

You think my analysis of the video is “weird?” I DONT CARE!

NO MEANS NO, ask someone else! Hahaha!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
So what does straw man argument mean????
I aint never heard

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
As I’ve stated, my gut tells me no go! Am I wrong for listening to my gut?

I’m gonna reiterate: IM NOT GONNA BUY THIS SHOTGUN!

You seem to be a fan of this guy? GOOD FOR YOU!

You think my analysis of the video is “weird?” I DONT CARE!

NO MEANS NO, ask someone else! Hahaha!

You're of the old style hunter, my Friend. You'll do just fine no matter what weapon you choose. And when you're an old man like me, you'll look back on these days and grin. You're welcome at my fire anytime, Joey.

earlthegoat2

It’s not snake oil but it is being pitched that way.

Something like that may have been what someone was looking for 30 years ago for turkey hunting but today that game has changed so much that specialized turkey guns just don’t need to exist anymore.

30 years ago getting as much lead in the air as possible with manageable recoil in a gun that could still be carried took a little thought and planning and could be expensive.

Today, TSS has made 4 1/2 lb 410s a feasible option but more realistically many people are using what they have already and much lighter loads in 12 ga or standard loads in 20.

Buckman18

You're of the old style hunter, my Friend. You'll do just fine no matter what weapon you choose. And when you're an old man like me, you'll look back on these days and grin. You're welcome at my fire anytime, Joey.

I appreciate it, Ol’ Buddy!

Same sort of thing happens to me more than you'd think, especially when the gals get to callin’.

No means No! ;)

transfixer

I've met Waddell in person , once, but he comes across as a regular guy, not uppity or too good to talk to a nobody,, but he does make his living by sponsorship and off products using his name, so I don't blame him for the sales pitch, if it really goes for the price mentioned above it is really over priced in my opinion also, but some people will still buy it, many because of his affiliation, and some because of the features,

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ve gone to several turkey shoots and won more than my fair share. Even then they had scopes. Extended to chokes. That Ol 870 made back in the early 80s ain’t done bad. Got it for about a buck fifty. 30” full choke barrel. I’ve killed deer turkeys hogs ducks and dove with it. Over 40ty years.
This shotgun reminds be of the bow Industry. Each year they come out with the lates and the greatest.
Guess now we have the turkey gun.
The hunting channels are for one thing. Selling products!
Michael Waddell is a turkey calling fool. He don’t no more need that shot gun to kill a turkey. He has a stack of them. But this year you will see him hubting with it. Just before the shot they will do a close up of the turkey track. The gun will be placed on the bird for more shots of it. He will have a logo on a hat and they will show him on a buggy or a truck with the brand name.
He is living the dream !

deast1988

I’ve set up some spiffy turkey guns, I’m building a 12ga right now. If I got another it would be the 940 pro Mossberg that lil 18.5 and a 2.25oz #8 be a bad lil dude. No way I’d get scissor whatever from turkey lol.

Bubba_1122

I enjoy Waddel’s shows. Seems like a good guy that’d be fun to hang out with. Hope he sells some guns.

At the same time the faster someone talks the slower I tend to pull my wallet out.

No matter though. When opening day comes I’m gonna have my little 28 gauge 870 popgun with 1 1/2 oz. of hand loaded TSS shells. Same gun and load I’ve shot since neck issues a few years ago.

I may not kill any turkeys in ‘23, but it won’t be cause I got the wrong gun ( it’ll be cause there ain’t a single turkey in Lowndes Co).

Hillbilly stalker

I don’t need anyone to pick out a shotgun for me. The ol 870 has smacked several over the years, I reckon it will do the same for many years to come. I’ve never seen a reason to change it. Somebody will buy it tho.

DynamicDennis

I can tell you what, I used a 20ga CZ o/u last season with great results (with TSS to clarify). That old 3-1/2in Stoeger will probably never see the woods again. I would try an sell it, but it is the first gun I ever purchased. That 3-1/2 tss blend about knocked my eyeball out last time I shot it.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The price is absurd for an imported Turkish gun and I'm a huge fan of Turkish guns. That is a $500-700 gun all day long.
I agree. $1700 is a lot of money to throw shot downrange. Seems to me a better use of money would be to find a cheaper shotgun with a choke and ammunition combination that it liked that did a good job. Pretty certain I could do that for a lot less than $1700!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Weatherby Element
Inertia semi auto loader
Comes camo or black synthetic or a wooden finish. 700 to maybe 900. In that area. Light and slim built. Different barrel Lengths.
Just saying. Shop around if in the market.

stringmusic

Have you bought that ‘perfect’ shotgun with a fancy sticker on it yet?

Well… why not?
Yep, bought 2 of them. I’ve been perfectly clear in this thread, and have stated multiple times this is one of the finest shotguns in the world and worth every penny they charge. I think everybody should buy one.