Night vision sight

buckmanmike

Rifle setup and pic at 8 p.m. Waiting on dark.

Attachments

• IMG_26072020_203401_(320_x_240_pixel).jpg
    IMG_26072020_203401_(320_x_240_pixel).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_26072020_203230_(320_x_240_pixel).jpg
    IMG_26072020_203230_(320_x_240_pixel).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 26

buckmanmike

Daytime image is fine. Even at dusk its better than the naked eye. Tonight was clear with some moon light and I could not see my feeder at 150 yards across a food plot. Ive heard IR works better when it has objects to reflect off, so my test may not work for most.

shdw633

What you had setup for your test was what you will get in most situations, animals don't come with reflective plates stuck to them. It's your IR light, get you a Streamlight IR or and Ultrafire T20 IR light. The T20 will be around $25 to $40, the Streamlight IR is around $85. Both are real good and I started with the same setup that you have and had the same issues. I went to these two IR's and had them mounted on each side of my scope before I went to the ATN 4k that I have now, but even now I still use those two IR's on that scope.

Have you tried to shoot your gun with it on there yet?

TnHunter356

Banned !!
We have some hogs on our properties and neighbors do also. I have shot many hogs while deer hunting, but never specifically hunted them. I'm thinking about getting a night vision setup and the package that mounts to your existing scope seems to be an inexpensive way to see if it's my type of thing. Has anyone used this setup? It's basically a night vision camera, screen, and IR illuminator. It's on YouTube and looks like a good entry point. Good/bad?

A good Buddy has that type of system and loves it. He scans his target area frequently and has had great success in picking out the hogs he wants to take by size. He's used it for about 5-6 yrs now and he especially likes that it's easily switchable between different rifles. As long as the rifle you install it on is sighted in, the system is as accurate as that particular rifle.

buckmanmike

I have not shot gun with new set up. I moved a scope to setup rifle and have not sighted it in.
Tn hanks for recommendation on an illuminator. Might get one and try it out on next trip down. Going to put a cell link on a trail camera and head home today.

buckmanmike

I recieved my new illuminator today. It has adjustable beam and will operate on the 18650 batteries I had already bought. Probably next week before I get to camp to test out.
Reviews said good to beyond 200 yds, will fi

shdw633

What did you get, if you don't mind me asking, for a new illuminator.