Old Family Photos

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
here is a picture of my great great grandpa, John A Fields. He is in the middle of the picture, using a cane. My great grandpa, Harvey Fields, is the 2nd from the right.
Share you old family photos. I would love to see them.

john a field w cane.jpg

Redbow

I wonder what year that photograph was taken. I still remember some of the women in the neighborhood when I was a boy dressed like those ladies in the picture are dressed. And some still wore bonnets on their heads when they were outside. My Aunt used to make the bonnets and sell them. My Wife has one my Aunt gave her.

Seeing those Mules in the picture brings back many memories for me working them as a boy in the tobacco fields. We have lots of old family photographs but with this computer I can't post them.

Cool Hand Luke

That's awesome! Don't have any that old but these are of my Dad, Uncles and friends from the late 40's. My great grandfather Gene Johnson owned a bait and tackle shop in Daytona beach. My Dad & Uncle would drive the fish car to school and advertise. Reminds me of the little rascals :)Dad1.jpgDad2.jpgDad3.jpgDad4.jpg

Last edited:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
First picture is of my Maternal Great Grandparents and the couple of children that had been born to them at the time. I wish I knew whatever happened to the rifle my Great Granddaddy was holding.

Second picture is my Maternal Great Grandmother with her remaining children. She is holding me, and my Grandmother is standing right behind her.

Oldies 2.jpgoldie 2.jpg

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
My Momma was a Culhane

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Oldest pix I have are these tin type of either Rakestraws or Goggins (None of the octogenarians in the family can name them) taken between 1850 and 1870 I'm guessing since that's the time period for that style photo.

UK tin type 1850 - 1870.jpg

Another that no one can name from the same side.

UK Rakestraw or Goggins family 001.jpg

My Great Great Grandmother Mary Adline Goggins circa 1880.

Great, Great Grandmother Mary Adline Goggins circa 1880.jpg

Everet, John (Great Great Grandfather), Mary Adline (Great Great Grandmother), and Ella (Great Grandmother) Moon. Circa 1900.

Everet, John, Mary Adline (nee Goggins), & Ella Moon circa 1900.jpg

You opened a can of worms with this thread... I have thousands of old family pix.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
This one is of my Mom's Mom's Dad (on the right) Rev. William Posey Wigley taken some time before 1933 (the year he died).

Preachers Harris and W.P. Wigley pre 1933.jpg

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
That's awesome! Don't have any that old but these are of my Dad, Uncles and friends from the 50's. My great grandfather Gene Johnson owned a bait and tackle shop in Daytona beach. My Dad & Uncle would drive the fish car to school and advertise. Reminds me of the little rascals :)View attachment 1091166View attachment 1091167View attachment 1091168View attachment 1091169
they do look like the little rascals, don't they.
Is that a 40 Ford Coupe pulling that boat?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
First picture is of my Maternal Great Grandparents and the couple of children that had been born to them at the time. I wish I knew whatever happened to the rifle my Great Granddaddy was holding.

Second picture is my Maternal Great Grandmother with her remaining children. She is holding me, and my Grandmother is standing right behind her.

View attachment 1091186View attachment 1091187

Looks like they were gonna have dinner on the grounds from that table being covered. What year would this have been, Nic?