opinions on letter in April GON "coyotes must be killed"

jay sullivent

you didn't unload on them? yotes are generally solitary. i'm still skeptical. it's not impossible that yotes did it but dogs would be more likely. you can't say for sure that it was yotes and not dogs. my neighbors have had dogs kill their goats on many occasions. dogs get very mischievous at night.

PFDR1

I didn't unload on them because my hunting partner was in the woods back behind where they were messing around at the time and I wasn't exactly sure of his location or if he had already started getting out of the woods. We usually come out at a certain time and link up at a prominant feature that you can still see when it gets dark and then walk out together. But I climbed back into the tree and later found out that so did he. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jay sullivent

the group of yotes you saw was probably a mother with her juvenile young. i must ask you... was your nighbor's calf eaten, or just dead and chewed up? or was it gone comepletely?

PFDR1

The Calf was completely devoured minus the bones and skull and the Cow was about 1/3 missing from the hind quarter up.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
A friend of mine had four yotes attack one of his Cows.

He shot two of the yotes off the cow but still had to put it down. They had cut both hamstrings.

We mounted the largest -- a male approximately 60 pounds.

Rabun county had a big problem with calves being killed. I think they killed 12 coyotes from one pasture at night.

PFDR1

One evening when I was hunting during bow season I watched 3 of them at about 60yrd. I watched the big black male bite a smaller grey juvenille about 3 times and I think there was a grey female that was with them but not sure. About 15 minutes prior to them showing up I watched a young doe walk the same trail that they ended up going down. Wish I could have taken the Big black male out of the scenario but the shot never presented itself. :flag: