It’s sad

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

It is sad to me that people can’t post their kills that they are obviously proud of without some being envious, jealous and down right hateful. Especially when their kill isn’t killed in a county less populated by people. Like these animals are any less wild than they are in the county “they hunt in” It’s a true shame. I know I feel this way and don’t share near the kills I’m proud of because of this and I am sure I’m not the only one.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
It is sad to me that people can’t post their kills that they are obviously proud of without some being envious, jealous and down right hateful. Especially when their kill isn’t killed in a county less populated by people. Like these animals are any less wild than they are in the county “they hunt in” It’s a true shame. I know I feel this way and don’t share near the kills I’m proud of because of this and I am sure I’m not the only one.
Always going to be a peanut gallery and sour grapes.

Post away, just no long arming from another zip code;)

Haters gonna hate

Last edited:

slow motion

Post away man. I'm happy for you if you're happy. I imagine most people feel the same. Doesn't matter to me where you hunt or what you shoot. Good luck to you.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Buddy.... If you didn't post it here (I don't remember seeing him) you'd get a lot of praise for that one! And I'm sure some jealousy..... Heck I'm a little bit jealous but I still love ya! :LOL:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I'm always happy for guys killing great bucks but shooting a buck over a bait pile with a crossbow isn't really hunting. It's killing.
Think this is kinda what he’s talking about. Question is, if I kill a buck over corn with a crossbow And share my success, do you reply and ridicule me? Or do you just not Respond? I was taught that whole nothing nice to say don’t say anything thing……seems some folks got it backwards.

buckpasser

We can’t always get what we want and GON forum can’t be everything for everyone. We will NEVER ALL see eye to eye on everything, and that’s what makes this place interesting.

I’ve never bashed an individual or their kill and never will. That said, maybe it’s not such a bad thing that ALL behavior isn’t rewarded here. That’s kinda where our society is right now in that no one should be judged for anything, no matter how screwed up it is. We’re better than that here. Some things are still shady. Some deer are tame. Some people are overly sensitive to criticism. I like it here.

DynamicDennis

I'm always happy for guys killing great bucks but shooting a buck over a bait pile with a crossbow isn't really hunting. It's killing.
I hope everyone is successful in their hunts. That being said,I really don't care what other people shoot or worry if they care about what I shoot.

So, is shooting a big buck on a pay hunt less rewarding or meaningful? To me, putting in the work to reap what you've sown is the essence of hunting. Whether you shoot a booner, spike, doe, or just enjoy your time in the outdoors. All this being said, I sure hope everyone in my family gets a "good" one this year. We certainly will have a good time trying.

deers2ward

Sadly, it's human nature to elevate one's self above his fellow man, if nothing else, just to reassure one's self despite his own insecurities. I see it all the time on forums.

Oh you fish with bait? I fish artificial
You hunt private land? I hunt public
You went guided? I do DIY
You used a rifle? I use a bow
You sit on a plot in a shooting house? I found a hot scrape and trail in the woods and used my climbing stand?
You inherited your money? I started from nothing
Your Daddy handed you this business? I started my own
etc
etc

I don't like it either, but it's the world we live in, especially when folks put themselves/their success out on social media

Couple of good quotes to remember:

'Travel and tell no one, live a true love story and tell no one, live happily and tell no one, people ruin beautiful things.' - Kahlil Gibran

"Comparison is the thief of joy" - Theodore Roosevelt

HavocLover

While I agree, it’s the nature of the beast. Once you put yourself out there you have to be ready for the backlash. Whether it be good, bad or in between. If you can’t handle that, then you should probably just keep it to yourself. That’s universal. Not just with deer pics and all, even just voicing your opinion on public forums.

diamondback

I agree with the original post. I’m guilty of it somewhat but I keep my thoughts to myself instead of posting it. The problem is where do you draw the line. to me killing a mature deer is easier on a 2000 acre farm that daddy owns than it would be for urban hunters. Killing a deer over a corn pile is just as easy with a bow as it is with a crossbow. Paying $10000 a year for leases that have food plots everywhere does not make you a better hunter. So I try to look at it as respect for the animal and not for the person that killed it. So if nothing else I just say nice deer or something along those lines

basshappy

BANNED
Think this is kinda what he’s talking about. Question is, if I kill a buck over corn with a crossbow And share my success, do you reply and ridicule me? Or do you just not Respond? I was taught that whole nothing nice to say don’t say anything thing……seems some folks got it backwards.

I may ask if you're gonna put a can of corn under your shoulder mount ... ha ha. :)

Tickles me when I see videos of people decked out in camo in a shoot house 200 yards from a feed pile that once wild now conditioned deer feed at daily/weekly, take a shot and miss (what?!?!) or wound (seriously???) a deer, or drop a deer and then celebrate with high fives and attaboys all around, as if some remarkable feat happened. THAT type of "hunting" I just don't understand. But we know different strokes different folks and it is what it is.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Bashing someone’s legal kill is a guaranteed way to have a conversation with a member of staff. It is not tolerated here.

”The bashing of legal kills, whether it be deer, any other big or small game, will not be tolerated. A trophy is in the eyes of the beholder. Posts that harass or belittle anyone and the animal, fish, or bird, and also the legal method of any game taken will be removed and the member will be dealt with accordingly. If you can`t say something nice, it`s best to be silent and move on. This rule will be strictly enforced.”

BamaGeorgialine

Pick any topic and some things are going to be harder within that topic than others. Is killing a deer easier with a crossbow? My opinion is yes, 100 percent. Does that matter? Not a bit. Nor would I look down on anyone for their type of legal hunting. Sticks and stones brother. Post away!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
First time I ever hunted over bait, I was stationed at Texas, Medina Base and Camp Bullis and it felt strange and illegal, but that is the norm and legal there.

First time I hunted with a crossbow was in GA, felt different as well.

Jim Boyd

Sadly, it's human nature to elevate one's self above his fellow man, if nothing else, just to reassure one's self despite his own insecurities. I see it all the time on forums.

Oh you fish with bait? I fish artificial
You hunt private land? I hunt public
You went guided? I do DIY
You used a rifle? I use a bow
You sit on a plot in a shooting house? I found a hot scrape and trail in the woods and used my climbing stand?
You inherited your money? I started from nothing
Your Daddy handed you this business? I started my own
etc
etc

I don't like it either, but it's the world we live in, especially when folks put themselves/their success out on social media

Couple of good quotes to remember:

'Travel and tell no one, live a true love story and tell no one, live happily and tell no one, people ruin beautiful things.' - Kahlil Gibran

"Comparison is the thief of joy" - Theodore Roosevelt

These are words to live by.

Very well said, sir.