Permetharin

308-MIKE

Thread starter #1
I'm going hog hunting later today, and i sprayed my hunting clothes with permetharin this morning. They'll be dry before i leave. The bottle says not to spray on your skin. My question: there's a chance if rain today, will that cause the permetharin to leach out, or once it's dry, it's good to go?
Thanks
Mike

Timberman

You should be fine. I used gallons of the stuff over the years in every condition and I'm none worse for wear.

You should be fine. I used gallons of the stuff over the years in every condition and I'm none worse for wear.
Agree! I spray my clothing heavily with it, sometimes on the same day I'm hunting. I also typically sweat like crazy in warm weather and I've never seen any hint of issue.

308-MIKE

Thread starter #4
Yeah, I'm finding out that it's not rain i had to worry about. I'm sweating my behind off.

baddave

i couldn't live right here where i do w/o it .. i have ticks everywhere. no way i could walk thru the yard w/o getting @ least one tick . been using permanone for many years .. i can actually wash my clothes and it's still effective

i couldn't live right here where i do w/o it .. i have ticks everywhere. no way i could walk thru the yard w/o getting @ least one tick . been using permanone for many years .. i can actually wash my clothes and it's still effective

You can wear and wash your clothes for a couple of months after applying permethrin without loosing it’s effectiveness.