Pre-hunt traditions

chrisn1818

Probably kind of dumb but....

I always get a big fist full of green pine needles from a young tree. Crush them up in my hands and rub them all over my clothes, hat and in my beard for an extra layer of scent control. I also change from crocs to hunting boots. I never wear my boots until I am going in the woods.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I would always thank the good lawd in advance for choosing me to kill a good buck instead of some other less deserving person.

Wifeshusband

Probably kind of dumb but....

I always get a big fist full of green pine needles from a young tree. Crush them up in my hands and rub them all over my clothes, hat and in my beard for an extra layer of scent control. I also change from crocs to hunting boots. I never wear my boots until I am going in the woods.

I have crushed green pine needles for years, sometimes in the tree, as I usually climbed in pines. One of the best cover scents available. I thought I was the only one doing this and prided myself on this little "secret."
Sometimes I wear a beard, as now, and I use bay rum beard balm. It's too sweet smellin' for the woods, but the company, Black Label, makes a number of different scents: one is cedar and pine needles. If I'm still carrying this beard in the fall I just may well try some. What the heck,
beats pouring fox urine on my soles like I did in the 70's. PU!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
If at deer camp, I’m always the first one up. Stoke the fire and get coffee brewing.....wake everyone else up when coffee is ready. I Drink my coffee and slam lots of water......then I make that trip to a predetermined area to get rid of yesterday’s food! Disclaimer-My coffee and water ritual is an everyday thing.....everyday!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have crushed green pine needles for years, sometimes in the tree, as I usually climbed in pines. One of the best cover scents available. I thought I was the only one doing this and prided myself on this little "secret."
Sometimes I wear a beard, as now, and I use bay rum beard balm. It's too sweet smellin' for the woods, but the company, Black Label, makes a number of different scents: one is cedar and pine needles. If I'm still carrying this beard in the fall I just may well try some. What the heck,
beats pouring fox urine on my soles like I did in the 70's. PU!

When I was in the south I almost always grabbed a fresh pine limb and rubbed it all over me. Nowadays I do it with cedar limbs since we dont have much for pines.

Fox pee and racoon pee. Man I used to swim in the stuff :bounce: