Public land swap

Long Cut

I think clubs are more of a “right fit” mindset and the guys you’re in it with will seriously make or break it.
Don’t consider public land your easy out, I’ve had people walk in and bust my hunts, setup within 100 yards during a QUOTA rifle hunt after attempting to shine and whistle them off...

Fact of the matter is you’ll deal with idiots everywhere, unfortunately. Be it public or private. The perk of private land is you can drive your 4wheeler up to your deer.. not the case on public. If you don’t want people ruining your hunts on public, best believe you’re walking a fair piece or through some gnarly ground to separate yourself.

CrossCentered

Leopard sounds like yall have good time. Long cut I have not experienced that yet, but I was more hoping the money saved to pay for a trophy hunt, would make up for public land frustrations

CrossCentered

I think I cursed myself by posting my current club is going good. I learned today my membership does not include my wife. She is considered a guest and cannot go hunting by herself. Last year she killed her first deer, and became obsessed. We do not share days off, so that is a big deal. So it was pretty much decided, lease or public land next year. That was easy, (since it was decided for me, when wife aint happy, no one is happy. Learned that in my 6 months of marriage, so I’m a quick learner)