Something To Consider If You Put Cameras Especially On "Public Lands" Etc.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Well I have never owned/used any of the fancy Hi-Tech cameras that I could use my cellphone to check my cameras and/or have it automatically send each photo back to me even if I am 500 miles away etc or even be able to hit a key on my phone and close the corral when it was full of hogs etc. I really don't need that kind of technology as my Daughter tells me that I am still in the 19th century even though the world is in the 21st century. I will just have to do my work the old fashion way of putting boots on the ground when necessary. Yes, I still love my Flip-Phone !!! It also fits in my jeans pocket really well and does not get lost either.

Some of my very best quality photos were taken on Blade X6 cameras and I have purchased well over 35 of these style cameras. The MP ratings for most of my current cameras models in service are shown below.

WGI Blade X6 Model # w6i20a
6MP with HIGH settings
4 MP with Medium settings
2 MP with Low settings

WGI ILLUSION 8 Lightsout Model # i8b20R
8 MP with High settings
6 MP with Medium settings
4 MP on Low settings

WGI Razor X10 Model m10b14c
10 MP with High settings
8 MP with Medium settings
6 MP on Low settings

WGI CRUSH 10 ILLUSION Model # i10b20
10 MP with High settings
6 MP with Low settings

WGI VISION 12 EXTREME Model # vx12i38d2

12 MP with High settings
8 MP on medium settings
5 MP on Low settings

WGI WRAITH 16 MP Model # WR16i52A-9 (I AM SOMEWHAT STILL TESTING THIS CAMERA

These 16 MP photos are more precise BUT they use up a tremendous amount of megabyte/storage space for each photo. This one does have the capability to take a photo every 5 seconds also so you definitely don't miss very many photo opportunities. So far, this camera has performed fairly well. It does have a tendency to pick up every little thing such as the taller grass blowing back and forth and also if any limbs are obstructing this camera to any degree, you will get a lot of photos of the grass and limbs moving about. Because of that fact, I have tried to prune the limbs and/or grass somewhat near it.

Most of my cameras are set-up on different programming levels with the PIR sense, Exposure, Still Resolution, Regular or Wide photo capability, and also the Delay settings on each camera as well, such as 5, 10, 15, 30, or 60 second intervals. This can depend if the camera is set up viewing across an open field or maybe deep into the woods as that makes a huge difference.

Without a doubt, it takes a lot of trial and error to make sure that each camera is performing at the maximum level and a tremendous amount of time based on the actual placement of each camera. It is somewhat like a full-time job based on how I keep very detailed records on all of my cameras, battery usage and change-outs, etc. This way, I know exactly what level of performance that I get on every camera. I also donate every used up battery to a local battery sales and service and recycling company on an annual basis.

Whatever I have been doing over these past 9 plus years now, I must have been doing it fairly well because I will put my photos up against any other camera's photos etc. With all of this stated, I still haven't paid more than $100 maximum for any camera yet. :cheers:

Last edited:

oldguy

Well I have never owned/used any of the fancy Hi-Tech cameras that I could use my cellphone to check my cameras and/or have it automatically send each photo back to me even if I am 500 miles away etc or even be able to hit a key on my phone and close the corral when it was full of hogs etc. I really don't need that kind of technology as my Daughter tells me that I am still in the 19th century even though the world is in the 21st century. I will just have to do my work the old fashion way of putting boots on the ground when necessary. Yes, I still love my Flip-Phone !!! It also fits in my jeans pocket really well and does not get lost either.

Some of my very best quality photos were taken on Blade X6 cameras and I have purchased well over 35 of these style cameras. The MP ratings for most of my current cameras models in service are shown below.

WGI Blade X6 Model # w6i20a
6MP with HIGH settings
4 MP with Medium settings
2 MP with Low settings

WGI ILLUSION 8 Lightsout Model # i8b20R
8 MP with High settings
6 MP with Medium settings
4 MP on Low settings

WGI Razor X10 Model m10b14c
10 MP with High settings
6 MP on Low settings

WGI CRUSH 10 ILLUSION Model # i10b20
10 MP with High settings
6 MP with Low settings

WGI VISION 12 EXTREME Model # vx12i38d2

12 MP with High settings
8 MP on medium settings
5 MP on Low settings

WGI WRAITH 16 MP Model # WR16i52A-9 (I AM SOMEWHAT STILL TESTING THIS CAMERA

These 16 MP photos are more precise BUT they use up a tremendous amount of megabyte/storage space for each photo. This one does have the capability to take a photo every 5 seconds also so you definitely don't miss very many photo opportunities. So far, this camera has performed fairly well. It does have a tendency to pick up every little thing such as the taller grass blowing back and forth and also if any limbs are obstructing this camera to any degree, you will get a lot of photos of the grass and limbs moving about. Because of that fact, I have tried to prune the limbs and/or grass somewhat near it.

Most of my cameras are set-up on different programming levels with the PIR sense, Exposure, Still Resolution, Regular or Wide photo capability, and also the Delay settings on each camera as well, such as 5, 10, 15, 30, or 60 second intervals. This can depend if the camera is set up viewing across an open field or maybe deep into the woods as that makes a huge difference.

Without a doubt, it takes a lot of trial and error to make sure that each camera is performing at the maximum level and a tremendous amount of time based on the actual placement of each camera. It is somewhat like a full-time job based on how I keep very detailed records on all of my cameras, battery usage and change-outs, etc. This way, I know exactly what level of performance that I get on every camera. I also donate every used up battery to a local battery sales and service and recycling company on an annual basis.

Whatever I have been doing over these past 9 plus years now, I must have been doing it fairly well because I will put my photos up against any other camera's photos etc. With all of this stated, I still haven't paid more than $100 maximum for any camera yet. :cheers:
My mechanic reminds me all the time "...we don't use rotary phones any more!" GO FLIP PHONE!