Starlink caught on trail camera

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
But it only looks like a line of dots when the individual many satellites erupt from the main carrier. They soon disperse and I don't think their flight paths are related to each other except for that very short period of time.
Bug!
Have you ever seen what I'm talking about? We've watched it right here in the back yard 4 or 5 times. It's called a satellite train for a reason. That's exactly what it looks like, a train trucking across the night sky at 17,000 mph.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
According to the starlink tracking app, it should be visible in north Georgia on January 7th at 6:21pm for 5 minutes from NW to SE.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I watch the stars at night ALOT at deer camp on cold clear nights. No city light there... I will grab a chair and a beer and sit back looking at the sky for a while.
Seen lots of satellites and lots of phenomena I don't understand and a couple of times some pretty spooky stuff.
On a clear night you can probably see more than 1 or 2 satellites per hour.
This year I saw a small triangle of satellite type non blinking lights traveling across the entire sky. The kind of gave me the impression of three jet engines and I thought maybe I was looking at a blackbird. Super high altitude and no blinking light.
There are several apps that list the ISS random satellites in passover view... I will have to check on the star link one...
I'm probably only an hour east of Fort Benning. And I hear some thundering booms from over that way. That must be artillery practice or trains hookin up in the train yard. But I believe i'm too far away to hear train cars smashing together.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Coulda also been a Boeing 737 Max side door...

:LOL:

Attachments

• Alaska-Airlines-737-9-737-MAX-9-blown-plugged-door-N704AL-outside.jpg
    Alaska-Airlines-737-9-737-MAX-9-blown-plugged-door-N704AL-outside.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 6

campboy

Satellites are fast but not that fast. You can use apps like Heavens Above to track when satellites and the space station will be coming over you.

The ISS is really easy to see with the naked eye as long as it's pass is high enough above the horizon. I watched it come directly overhead yesterday around 6:20am.
I don’t see heavens above. Is there another app you’d recommend?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Y’all wanna enlighten me on what “Starlink” is? I live under a rock

Keepin it real, huh? I mean that's where we originated from in primitive times. How is it nowadays? :bounce:

Mars

I don’t see heavens above. Is there another app you’d recommend?
I use Heavens Above and ISS Detector but ISS Dectector only shoes ISS information.

I'm have a galaxy phone so I'm not sure what's available for iphones.

oldfella1962

Coulda also been a Boeing 737 Max side door...

:LOL:
I heard about that on the radio today. If my dad was the pilot, he would have yelled "shut that door! I'm not trying to heat the whole neighborhood ya know!" :mad: