Team 16 - Cuttin'-N-Cussin'

CassGA

I hear ya. We'll have to see what happens. I forgot to mention that we got a replacement for our no-show. His name is Rastus270, and he is supposed to check in when he gets back in town from his club. I know he should be good for 2-3 gobblers this year. Keep it up guys, we may have a chance. I'll be back after em in the mornin.

steveng70

Sorry guys I did not check in, I just got back in town from work. I see yall got a replacement and just wanted to tell yall good luck. Maybe next year I will not have to leave like I did.

gobble157

I thought it might be a good idea if everyone posted a picture in this thread to make sure theres no issues posting pics. Here is mine and shows an example of what needs to be included for a bird to be accepted in the challenge.

Just make sure you can make out the guy thats getting the picture with the turkey. Unless you're a dark colored skin individual that tans extremely easy:biggrin2:

Hope you boys lay the smack down on some longbeards this year.

gobble157

Got us 5 points this morning. Theres at least 2 more down there that were roosting with this one. Goin back tomorrow to try for another.

Man alive...that Oconee WMA sign looks extremely familiar. Perhaps it was a picture you took of me a year or so ago after I showed you all my good spots:p

Ballground

I got us 5 more points this evening.9 inch beard inch spurs.

gobble157

NC Hammer,

Well it looks like we'll be swinging the TN route instead of KY. I did some thorough research and found a few places of interest. I'm going to make a few calls tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Needless to say, I think TN would be best, but you let me know what you think in the end. KY license will cost us 190, whereas a TN 7 day license will cost us only 175. I'll consolidate the arduous task of scouting out good wmas and setting up a feasible itinerary. Ask your boss about those two days and then I'll do the rest.

signed...:D
Turkeymaniac JR

rastus270

Fellas, Im here.... Killed one Monday. Looks like we are gonna do well in the challenge.

Adult bird- 5pts

JasonWMcCorkle

Alright guys. I saw where the people in charge are considering my bird i entered so we will see how that goes.
On the other hand we are looking good we have a couple birds down. Does anyone have a guess at how many points we have?
I havent had much luck this week, i have been twice and havent heard a peep. So i gonna go to some new spots this weekend. Keep up the good work, and good luck.

CassGA

Been back at work this week, but Im hunting all day tomorrow and Saturday on the first hunt at Piedmont NWR. Jason, if they count your bird, that should put us at 25 points. Not bad for the first week of the season! Keep it up guys and good luck this weekend

CassGA

Any reports guys? I got word from Rastus270 this morning that he has some more points to post up when he gets back in town:cheers:. Anyone else do any good? Scores have been updated for week 1 and we're right in the mix. Keep it up fellas.

rastus270

Killed two more, one sunday afternoon and one monday am! I've got my three. If we keep it up I think we might end up with a few new calls in the end. Good luck to all in your hunting endeavours!

CPark58

sorry about not checking in till now but since i have been working an internship in columbia, sc and travelling back on the weekends i only get to hunt once a week and up to this point have really only been calling for other people (called in my best hunting buddy's first ever bird last weekend). tomorrow i am taking my girlfriend so hopefully we will get her one early and then ill get a chance to pop one.

with that said, not counting my chickens before they hatch but i do have some very promising hunts coming up the rest of the season, including alot of totally untouched private property and a trip to kansas.

Yall keep it up fellas we are looking good.

JasonWMcCorkle

alright guys, got us 5 more points this morning "CassGa" Nick could you help me out with loading the pics. i dont want to screw it up. Shoot me a pm when you get a chance and i will email you the pics then enter my bird.
jason

CassGA

Jason, PM sent. Congrats on Bird #2. CPark, thanks for the update. Still plenty of season left, and looks like we got a pretty good team. Went this mornin on some public ground. Had couple hens fly down early to about 30 yards from me, with a gobbler soundin off couple hundred yards away. Quickly realized that someone else had come in from the other side, bumped the hens off the roost, and continued to crow call between me and the gobbler on the roost. Gotta love public land. Left there and checked out a small lease we got, but nothing happenin over there. I got a trip lined up in two weeks to hunt some property in Alabama. Keep up the good work fellas.

JasonWMcCorkle

Nick, i just emailed the pics to you. Yea i had a great morning. I have some more birds where this one came from. Could have pulled the trigger agin and doubled up but i decide i wanted to hold out for a bird that might score extra points. Guys our team is looking good. what is our points total?

CassGA

Good deal Jason. I will get them ready, but gotta wait til they start a "week 3 kill thread" before I post them. With yours this morning, and we get full credit for my 2nd and both of Rastus270's birds, that should put us at 47 points already. Lookin good fellas!:cheers:

JasonWMcCorkle

Thanks my man. Im gonna be off most of this week, and everybody in my neck of the woods will be at the augusta national for the tourney so the woods should be quiet and I should have some goods hunts.

CassGA

Ok guys. Looks like team 7 just took a 2 point lead over us. Gonna try to put my 3rd on the board this weekend.