Team 16 - Cuttin'-N-Cussin'

CPark58

i got us 5 more points yesterday but am having difficulties in uploading the pictures. going to try loading them from a different computer.

keep it up guys we are in the hunt

CassGA

Cpark58, congrats on the bird, I sent you a PM. As far as my weekend went, I hate to admit it but I missed one Saturday morning :banginghe. Bird worked perfectly and got to about 45-50 yds, saw somethng at the end of the field he didnt like, broke strut, and turned to get outta there, so I took a shot as he was headin out. This morning they were henned up bad, and I didnt have time to stick around and wait em out. Still got a month left to get my last bird. Scores gonna get tight towards the end, but we are lookin good.

CassGA

hey guys. look at these pictures of CPark58's bird. I tried to crop and resize so that the date is clear. We got 7 days to enter, so I wanted yall to look at it and lemme know i you think the date is clear enough. lemme know what yall think.

Attachments

• chal1.jpg
    chal1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 193
  • chal date2.jpg
    chal date2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 198
  • chal date1.jpg
    chal date1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 199

CassGA

Looks like someone from Team 14 has totaled up the current scores...

Ok here is the scores as of right now
1st 60 points Team 14
2nd 52 Points Team 16
3rd 49 Points Team 7
4th 42 Points Team 23
5th 39 Points Team 36

Its tight but we're in 2nd. Good luck this weekend. Couple more birds (bonus points wouldn't hurt either:biggrin2:) and we'll be sittin pretty!

CassGA

Well guys, I came about as close to killin one as you can without actually killin one. Called one in yesterday morning, but the bird put the slip on me and snuck up directly behind me. He gobbled, drummed and strutted at about 20 steps behind me, but I was stuck in a bad position and couldnt make a move. The guy with me ended up killin him after he realized there was little chance of me sealing the deal in the situation I was in. These last couple weeks Ive had some close calls, so it should be just a matter of time before taggin out in GA. Anybody else have any luck?

CassGA

HOW BOUT IT FELLAS? I hope nobody has given up yet, because I sure haven't. Any updates? Couple teams have pulled out ahead of us. Couple more birds from team 16 and we should be sittin pretty. Lets here it.

rastus270

I hear ya! I was shooting some video last weekend and there still were a few gobbling, hunting has got tuff, but we managed to call in one for a good video.

Yall stay on it... Good luck!!

CassGA

If I remember correct, CPark58 should be in Kansas right now chasin birds. Good luck and I hope you bring back some points! As for me, back at it in the mornin.

CassGA

Cory's (CPark58) two Kansas birds are posted in last week's kill thread. Congrats bud. If my numbers are right, that puts us back in 2nd place, and only 5 pts behind first. Im tryin my hardest to get my 3rd bird. Jason and Ballground, yall still after em? Let win this thing!

Ballground

I am hunting every weekend had some close calls but I could'nt close the deal,I am going to harris county fri,sat,sun of next week the last trip down there we had 6 gobblng till 10:00 but I recken they where hened up,but I realy could'nt go after them due to the fact I had my appendix took out two days earlier so I could only blind hunt.

CassGA

Good deal. I have found a new bird on some public land that whooped me Saturday and Sunday. Thought I had him figured out for Sunday, but he did something completely different and went another way. But I did locate where he is roostin Sunday morning, so I'll be back after him later this week.

Ballground, glad to hear your surgery has healed up enough for you to get back out and enjoy the last couple weeks of the season.

Whatever the end results, I think this has been my best experience in the Turkey Challenge. Thanks guys for makin it fun this year.

Ballground

I got #3 yesterday in harris county so that's 5 more ponts I will have the pics up tonight or tomorrow.Things might get interesting now.

CassGA

heck ya man. congrats on #3. i keep gettin close to #3 myself, but i got a couple more chances.

dirtroad

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got #3 yesterday in harris county so that's 5 more ponts I will have the pics up tonight or tomorrow.Things might get interesting now.

Looks like you are gonna have to get one of your team mates a hunting pass at "Raymond Ranch"I sure he want mind ,with it being for the team.Fellows it is Turkey paradise,I'd say two birds should be easy to come buy:cheers:.

CassGA

Turkey Paradise huh? Sounds like it would be too easy:rofl:. I've got 2 birds on public land that Ive been after for the past 2 weeks, one gobbles a few times on the roost, ignores my calls, and shuts up pretty quick after he hits the ground. The other is a lot more responsive, but roosts in a deep hardwood draw by a creek, and his gobbles echo, makin it hard to pinpoint him and set up on the same side of the creek. Ill be there to greet them Thursday mornin.

Ballground

This bird was a harris co. bird all the birds at dad's have been a couple of hundred yards or more off his property since about the first month of the the season I don't know why I guess the hen's where bread alrteady.All we need cass is one more and it might be in the bag.