Team 35

mcallum3

I think the "astro vans" was supposed to be a joke. I have put some thought into some names and thought I would throw them out there for ya'lls thoughts (did I use "thought" to many times?:huh:)
Hooks and Beards
Blue Head Busters
Limb Hangers
Beards and Spurs
Just something to think about anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:

wet feet

Went and listened this morning and heard 6 birds gobble. All is looking good for Saturday.:fine:

yoteaholic

HOOKS AND BEARDS - sounds cool, lets go with it. im on shift sunday for 24 hrs sooooo i'm gonna be watching/waiting for reports, when I can. Have a safe and fun opening day guys!

wet feet

Did not know u where a firefighter yote. I took this shift off just so I could go Saturday. Yall be careful Saturday and good luck

wet feet

Not me, had a jake in range but there where two longbeards out at 80 yards that never would come in. Did not go today went down to Florida and did some cave diving. I will be back out there Monday and Tuesday so maybe I can get something done.

mcallum3

Had to work yesterday a.m. First opening day I have missed in years. Went this a.m. drove 1 1/2 hour, hunted 1 hour, drove back 1 1/2, (I teach 3rd 4th and 5th grade Sunday school) and barely made it back in time. Did not see or hear any turkeys but there was "poo" and tracks everywhere, will go back when I have more time.

hey 3d have you ever uploaded any pics to the forum? Just wondering because when you get your birds you will need to do that.

And is it me or has anyone else noticed all of the entries (on the weekly kill thread) that could possibly be thrown out because they didn't follow the rules? There are some entries that are text book perfect then there are some that just didn't do what the rules states.

3d foam killer

guys i had it done.............
for ten seconds missed a fifty yard shot then body shot him he got hit hard but as i was pumpin another shell in walking to him i took my eyes off of him and then i heard him flyin away look up hes gone sorry guys i feel like a failure
please do forgive lol
i will get one of these taylor count birds called a nice one up opening morning to let my freind anthony shoot i will post his pic in a min

kenlr4

Two adult gobblers , taken Sunday morning. One with a 9 1/4" beard with 1" spurs. The other with a 10" beard and 1 1/8" spurs.

Attachments

• 002-2-1-1.jpg
    002-2-1-1.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

mcallum3

Just saw where you put them on the "kill thread" and you did it by the rules. I can't tell you how much I've been stressing over the thought of someone on our team having a bird thrown out. But, with 4 of our 5 members having been in earlier challenges I guess I should get over it.

congratulations once again.

kenlr4

We got on the birds very first thing in the am. Had to let them fly down and moved to our first set up.We called about 45 min. and the birds were on the other hillside and not comming our way. We then circled way around them while moving toward them my buddy spotted a hen at about 70yards. We sat down and started calling. Don(also a fellow Woodys member ) did most of the calling. we worked the birds for about 2 hours . Hens would come and go the gobblers would get close then back off. Finally the gobblers were just over the hill from us and Don motioned for me to move to another spot closer to the birds. He covered my move by calling and I got into place. Within a min. there they were to my left . I could see them move through an opening when they went behind a tree I raised my gun. They came from behind the tree all I could see were there heads and necks. Two birds one shot!!!! Thanks DON