Team 35

yoteaholic

nice job kenlr4!!! looks like a couple of fine birds! sounds like you stuck with 'em and had a great hunt.:cheers:

---Hey 3D no worries...thats huntin' man. Your making memories, and thats what its about..just think how much more excited you will be when it all comes together!! -Go get 'em!! :cool:

3d foam killer

i kno it almost happened this am but my taylor county two weeks start in the am and wont end till easter sunday so im fired up
theres one out there with my name on it ill find it
no worries be happy

mcallum3

I went this a.m. up to Clayton and set up in the rain at the spot I tried last week, had 5 hens fly off the roost at 9:30 to within 35 yards from me, (one of them bristled up and charged at my decoy, which was real cool to watch) but they did not have a tom with them:huh: I had a rain proof coat on but my pants got soaked, with the wind and soaked pants I got chilled pretty quick so I wasn't really having much fun. Thinking about going back south and trying some public land spots on the Oconee National Forest that has always done real well for me. How is everyone else doing?

yoteaholic

...countin' down the days until the season starts up here. Most of the snow has melted. but its still pretty chilly. I'm willing to bet those turkey's are startin to get excited to see me:bounce:. I know I'm ready to go!!:banana:

wet feet

Congrats on the birds Kenlr4. I have had several close calls but have not got it done yet. Going again it the morning so maybe I will get it done this time.

kenlr4

Had a great morning. Anyone else do any good? I will post on challange thread when they start the third week.

Attachments

• 101_0722.jpg
    101_0722.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 101_0723.jpg
    101_0723.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 97

mcallum3

Congratulations, That is a stud of a bird for sure and an awesome a way to finish out the season, You are going to give us details aren't you?

I have had a good bird in Clayton kicking my rear now pretty steady, I am thinking about giving him a break (or would I be giving myself a break:huh:) and trying some of my public spots after work this week.

wet feet

Well i went today and figured out why my birds have been so crazy acting. I was walking down a logging road and heard some awful calling and saw a decoy. Well about the time I saw him he saw me. He got out of there before i could catch up to him. He had a golf cart and I was on foot. I hate trespassers maybe he will stay away now that he knows I know he has been there.

kenlr4

Bird #3

We went to a freinds place sat morning. Just walked into the edge of the woods about 30 min before light. Had another place in mind if we did not hear anything.The sun came up and we started a little calling with no luck. At about 10 till 8 we could hear some birds . They got a little fired up then worked away from us. After about 30min we were about to give up. I tried a boxcall that I had and there he was. He gobbled a couple times and we spread out and set up. I hit the box a couple more times with him answering back and getting closer pretty quick. There they were to my left about 45 yards out. He was strutting and had a jake and a bearded hen with him. He stopped twice and was behind a tree both times. Then he was straight in front of me with the other two all over each other. Then they spread out and I rolled him. It was about a 40yard shot. I have to thank donblfihu again! Its his turn now!!!!

yoteaholic

way to go

NICE! thats a beauty! congrats on another great bird!:cheers:

yoteaholic

17 points! that guy is leadin' from the front

:yeah:
Best bird for me.

-still countin down the days tell the opener!! you other fellas been out hunting or were you "henned up" over the weekend?:D

mcallum3

got one today

The Clayton bird messed up today and and let me have another chance to pull the trigger.
The reason I say "another" is because I actually pulled the trigger on him Thursday a.m. and never even touched him, He strutted forward just as I pulled the trigger, I actually tried to check the shot but all I was able to do is flinch. Needless to say I went home very upset with myself not knowing if I would get another chance. You would not believe how happy I was to see him stroll into the meadow with all his lady friends this a.m.
10"beard
1" spurs

Attachments

• turkey2010.jpg
    turkey2010.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 123
  • turkey410101.jpg
    turkey410101.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 124
  • turkey410105.jpg
    turkey410105.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 121

kenlr4

Congrats. Nice job and a fine bird. I went with donblfihu sat morn and we worked a bird from 7:45 till 12:00. When he finally showed himself. Don made a nice shot at 50 yards.

mcallum3

Whats going on with everyone else? hadn't heard from anyone in a while.

3d, I saw where you rolled a big ole coyote on another thread, way to go, if there are no turkeys around, that is definitely the next best thing to roll this time of year.

yoteaholic, When does your season get started?

wet feet, you having any more issues with trespassers?

I am trying to get something lined up for Friday after work, thinking that I cant at least pull the trigger then maybe I can roost something for Saturday a.m.

yoteaholic

nice bird MC..season has started up hear although it has brought several days of 35+mph winds, so i haven't been out yet..no worries though as I do have some overnight hunting trips coming up in areas that have produced well in the past. talk to you fellas soon and hopefully will have some pics also!! :cheers:

3d foam killer

sorry guys i got a job aworkin with my borother and i have benn going 90 to nothing for the past weeks yes i did roll a big coyote at about ten yards and yes ive missed two birds this year
but i have goten two other of my huntin buddies birds so my season is asucess so far but i will roll a jelly head soon dnt worry i will be of contribution i jus need a li encouragment so bring the encourgament on lol!

in his love 3d

3d foam killer

heres some pics of the coyote i shot!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Attachments

• Easter 074.jpg
    Easter 074.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Easter 076.jpg
    Easter 076.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 100
  • Easter 075.jpg
    Easter 075.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 100