There goes Hershel..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Herschel is a DGD! But about as qualified to be a politician as Big Bird or Cookie Monster. SMH! facepalm:

Last I heard, except for the President the only qualification you need for elective office is to be a citizen.

Herschel may not be artful in his extemporaneous speech but he's still right. Speakin' good and errythang is great but I prefer substance over skilled elocution. We got lots of folks in Washington who are skilled at elocution. They aren't worth a flip for anything else.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Georgia seems to be consistent on only coughing up varying degrees of bad for its senate congressional candidates.

Yes, you are a dipstick Yankee but you're our dipstick Yankee so nobody else better call you that. If they do, "He needed killin'" is still a valid murder defense down here.:bounce:

jrickman

Herschel tailors his speech to his audience. If he's speaking to a group, he will target the lowest common denominator. If you are ever fortunate enough to have a one on one conversation with him, you will be surprised at just how intelligent and articulate he really is. However, he's going to sound as country as cornbread, no matter which vocabulary he is using at the time.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Herschel tailors his speech to his audience. If he's speaking to a group, he will target the lowest common denominator. If you are ever fortunate enough to have a one on one conversation with him, you will be surprised at just how intelligent and articulate he really is. However, he's going to sound as country as cornbread, no matter which vocabulary he is using at the time.

Ain't nuttin wrong with cornbread.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Doboy Dawg

I listened to him speak in Waycross. I was impressed at how articulate he is in person. His speech was not written and there was no teleprompter. He spoke for about 45 minutes. I was impressed with the content of his speech. At the same time I was disappointed by the lack of support from the African American community.

specialk

I remember him on celebrity apprentince, was impressed by him then....

weagle

Last I heard, except for the President the only qualification you need for elective office is to be a citizen.

Herschel may not be artful in his extemporaneous speech but he's still right. Speakin' good and errythang is great but I prefer substance over skilled elocution. We got lots of folks in Washington who are skilled at elocution. They aren't worth a flip for anything else.

Herschel needs to make his lack of slick rhetoric an asset. "I'm not a politician or slick talking liberal, and I'm proud of it"