Trapping costs

ucfireman

This may be in the wrong place but since I'm asking about trapping I thought I would put it here.
I would like to hire a trapper for my place in NW Coweta.
A neighbor traps some for me (coyotes and beavers) but I would really like to target the racoons, opossums and especially the armadillos.
So my question is, on average to hire a "professional" trapper what would it cost?
How do they bill? Per animal? per night or week or month? Or number of sets?

mossyoakpro

I have done some paid jobs and I like to do the "bounty" on the animals I catch method. What I normally charge is a setup fee then so much per critter caught. Unfortunately, those days are over for me....I will only trap my properties from now on as I have gotten too busy to handle my own farm more less someone else's.

At this time with gas prices going up I imagine most will want to do a daily rate or a flat fee depending on how far they have to travel as the traps have to be checked and serviced daily.

Mike81

This may be in the wrong place but since I'm asking about trapping I thought I would put it here.
A neighbor traps some for me (coyotes and beavers) but I would really like to target the racoons, opossums and especially the armadillos.
So my question is, on average to hire a "professional" trapper what would it cost?
I was you asking the same question to these guys last year. They talked me into doing it myself and I am glad I did. I had a great time learning and caught some critters as well. These guys are more than happy to answer any question you have to get you trapping.

canine933

If I was pricing the job it would run $1540 for two weeks. That would be how many ever sets needed. Gas is the major expense. I'm not advertising just giving what I or some others may charge.
Depending on how far someone lives from you they could easily have $600-700 in fuel for two weeks.

Last edited:

Doug B.

If I was pricing the job it would run $1540 for two weeks. That would be how many ever sets needed. Gas is the major expense. I'm not advertising just giving what I or some others may charge.
Depending on how far someone lives from you they could easily have $600-700 in fuel for two weeks.
And that might sound big to some people, but you are not really making money at that!

ucfireman

You could buy some dog proof traps, some cat food and fish oil and do it yourself.
I could but I have changed jobs and just don't have the time to do it. (its a long story)
I don't really have the time to do "upkeep" much less the setting and checking of traps. I know it sounds like a cop out but it's true.

I know its a lot of time and gas is ridiculous right now, but the only way to know is to ask.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Buy them and see if you neighbor would run them for you, the DPs aren't hard to set up

I could but I have changed jobs and just don't have the time to do it. (its a long story)
I don't really have the time to do "upkeep" much less the setting and checking of traps. I know it sounds like a cop out but it's true.

I know its a lot of time and gas is ridiculous right now, but the only way to know is to ask.