Vultures CLAIM my deer...

sleepr71

After Having Coyotes eat the Hams off of a Deer one evening while I walked to get my truck & drive back in to it(about 20 minutes total)..I started from that day on leaving my t-shirt & Orange vest on top of my Deer when I leave it to go get my 4-wheeler or truck. I figure my smell on that t-shirt & the Orange vest keeps critters off until I get back? Never had a problem with BUzzards...but We absolutely HAVE had them kill Newborn calves. They love the afterbirth & will gather around Mama Cow & distract her while the ones at the rear do the Damage. Like a pack of Hyenas ?

rutnbuk

Thanks for all the stories. I didn't realize they have been this much of an issue from calves to rooftops- wow. I really have never given them the first thought or concern they could do something like this. I did find out from a neighbor there that they have been roosting close by recently. I guess it was unlucky timing. Strange thing is there are 3 road kills in less than a mile from this spot and there is not a bird to be seen on them.

dirtnap

I’ve seen it. Friend of mine shot a doe last year and walked to his barn to get his tractor that was 250 yds away, maybe. He was gone 10 minutes at most and by the time he got back buzzards had ate her butt out the size of both your fists

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
wOW NO i'VE NEVER SEEN THAT IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME NEVER.

Shadow11

Yeah they are quick. I was telling someone about the same thing happening to me about 20 yrs ago. Shot 2 does, left for about 1.5 hrs, came back and there were buzzards all in the trees and a few on the ground. They didn't mess up the deer, but I was amazed at how quickly they got there.

Resica

I like my cats. They keep the barn clear of critters. They are not my pets and don't come on my house, but they do their job.
Sorry, wasn't referring to barn yard cats, just the cats that everyone lets out to have fun.