Weighing in on Bama and Playoffs

fairhopebama

Just wanted to put this out here to see what the Bama guys and others whom wantt to weigh in think. I am super excited about the offense that Bama has put on the field ever week this year. To beat us, you have to outscore us and that has been a difficult task thus far. The loss of our center, Dickerson, will be a great one from a standpoint of leadership and intensity. I am hoping to see Waddle return which could create other issues and a boost.
Our Defense is still not good against a good passing team, good receivers and a running QB. I am not sure if it is Golding calling the defense or just people out of position. It seemed that we were in pretty good position the other night to make a play but just didn't get it done. Our pass rush is not very good even though they seem to be opportunistic at times. Where are the blitz packages that we are so used to seeing. I really feel that the missing piece to this defensive team is the MLB position. Dylan Moses is too small and too slow. He gets lost in the wash, can't shed a block from the lineman and is constantly getting beat by the back he is picking up out of the backfield. His stock has surely dropped this year. I think that he knows the defense, calls the defense and gets people lined up, but he lacks the size and speed to get it done at his position.
I think we get by ND and I think Clemson hands it to OSU. I have a bad feeling about Clemson if we meet again.

Madsnooker

Just wanted to put this out here to see what the Bama guys and others whom wantt to weigh in think. I am super excited about the offense that Bama has put on the field ever week this year. To beat us, you have to outscore us and that has been a difficult task thus far. The loss of our center, Dickerson, will be a great one from a standpoint of leadership and intensity. I am hoping to see Waddle return which could create other issues and a boost.
Our Defense is still not good against a good passing team, good receivers and a running QB. I am not sure if it is Golding calling the defense or just people out of position. It seemed that we were in pretty good position the other night to make a play but just didn't get it done. Our pass rush is not very good even though they seem to be opportunistic at times. Where are the blitz packages that we are so used to seeing. I really feel that the missing piece to this defensive team is the MLB position. Dylan Moses is too small and too slow. He gets lost in the wash, can't shed a block from the lineman and is constantly getting beat by the back he is picking up out of the backfield. His stock has surely dropped this year. I think that he knows the defense, calls the defense and gets people lined up, but he lacks the size and speed to get it done at his position.
I think we get by ND and I think Clemson hands it to OSU. I have a bad feeling about Clemson if we meet again.
I agree with everything you said.
And as far as OSU. They will get smoked.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I think Trevor Lawrence shows out to keep his #1 draft stock HIGH!
I think Clemson wins!

But Bama and Saban will be HARD to beat, I hope they can play with no major injuries! ?????

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

Keep watching for them to have a bad game offensively, but it just hasn’t happened this year. Maybe a slow half but not a bad game.

fairhopebama

you can change your name but you are still the village idiot. Dawg Pound send his regards. No new material from you I see.

FootLongDawg

great QB and recievers, but that Najee Harris deserves the Heisman in my opinion. That guy is outstanding. If I was an O coordinator of the two teams Bama will face in the playoffs, I would throw on them every down. Very surprised Fla. was able to pass that well on them.

stonecreek

Bama would need to control the clock to win. Keep Sunshine on the sidelines. Both are the best teams in the country by a far shot.

jrickman

Climpsun is a whole different animal than anything Bama faced so far. I'm not sure an SEC all star team (which admittedly, Bama would contribute 60% of the players for) would beat them.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Um, you don't say? :bounce:

I think Bama wins it. Clemson may give Bama a game for 2 or 3 quarters, but I see Bama eventually wearing them down, as they do most everyone else. Of course, I do think Clemson's D is better than Florida's, but I honestly do not believe their passing attack is better.

I see Bama by at least 17.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
you can change your name but you are still the village idiot. Dawg Pound send his regards. No new material from you I see.

That's what I like about you fairhope. If nobody can knock that chip off your shoulder you'll do it yourself. :bounce:

Bama has had their moments of weakness this year but no matter the adversity they have found a way to win and that's what separates Bama from the rest of the pack. Bama crushes the Irish Leprechauns and squeaks by Clim Some for the natty.

Twiggbuster

Bama has another gear which they can engage when things get tight. Physicality and potent offense. The offense they haven’t had in the past . Arguably the best QB, RC and RB. Too much for Clemson this year. Bama takes it all.