what changes would you like to see after Pope Benedict XVI?

bigdawg25

can't show it to you only in person , if you ever come to Miami let me know , I will show you what the real church is about.

My cousin is frm ft lauderdale; I go there all the time, so I might have see it someday ;). BTW, what denomination is it? Google can open doors you know.

Artfuldodger

The Early church had Scriptures and we have the Bible. They were searching the Scriptures daily. I just wonder what exactly they were using for Scriptures?
“And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed .” (Acts 17:10-12 KJV)

Last edited:

centerpin fan

Ok, maybe we were talking about two different aspects of it. I was refering to church belief whereas you are talking about church worship. Church beliefs have changed, evolved whatever you want to call it, and the church structure is totally different then in early church days. Things like infallibility of the pope are recent constructs. Also, in early churches there was nothing like "bible study", and it was just liturgy and creed which people were familiar with. Once the cat came out of the bag so as to speak,with bible being translated into common languages, and everyone read it, and churches had to develop advanced theology to explain it to the common folks. this Progress, for better or worse, was what I was saying cannot to turned back. Even communion every week is a rather new thing.

I basically agree with everything but that last sentence.

barryl

I think, if you'll give it a good study, you'll see that in the above chapters Jesus was speaking directly to His apostles, and only to his apostles.
He was speaking concerning their being able to have much to teach that they didn't already know.
It would be a mistake for me to accert that everything I say or believe fallings within those verses.

The Holy Spirit would shew the apostles things to come.
Spiritual, Doctrinal, and Historical Applications. Guess which one I was using ?