What have you lost in the woods?

FX Jenkins

good while back we had an interesting thread
"what have you found in the woods"...my question is, What have you left or lost in the woods?

myself, a pair of 10X24 Steiner bino's, that my wife got me for Christmas, they had sentimental value as well and I spent 2 hours retracing my steps till I actually found them...

cball917

got hung up in a briar thickett bout year ago. had to do the belly crawl and all kinds of stuff to get out. finally got to my truck and happen to notice did not have my wallet. had to go bak in the bush but i found it

Lady Ducked'up

You will never believe this. My broher shot a real good buck in Dawson county a few years back. It was on 1200 acres. My husband and my dad went to help my brother get it out and since they had nothing to drag it out with my husband used his belt. Well when they got back to truck he noticed he had lost his belt buckle. The next year my husband and I went turkey hunting on the 1200 acres. I went to sit down and guess what I found. The belt buckle that he had lost 5 months earlier was laying under some leaves. What are the chances of that ever happening again?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Me.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Lost my car keys while on a WMA hunt that was 50 miles from the house. I got someone to carry me home that evening to get the spare then went back up there. Camped that nite on the WMA and hunted the next morning. My Dad shot a deer, and we found the original keys in the woods while we were dragging the deer out. I had lost them while scouting a place to hunt the day before.

BIGABOW

*a cool flashlight that had a red cover over the lense so as not to spook game
*countless grunt calls
*sent waffers

Gadget

a brand new explorist 600 gps in the everglades at Big Cypress.........but got very lucky and found before anyone else; was laying right in the road.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
gloves, boggin,grunt calls, phone,

the HEED!

Banned
my sanity

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Let's see - lost my purse but Darcy found it.

dutchman

my sanity

Heed, have you not heard the old saying, "You can't lose what you never had?"::ke:

I once lost my wallet while turkey hunting and didn't realize it until I'd driven all the way back home, about 45 miles away. But I was able to go right back to where I'd lost it earlier in the day.

I also heard that GAGirl77 lost her crossbow.:pop:

Havana Dude

I don't usually lose anything, but somehow since the end of last year, I've lost my balaclava, (head cover), can't find it any where.