What would you take if you HAD to go..

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
O K, sounds like ya'll have a plan during this terrious event, civil unrest or gooberment take over. Now a natural weather event moving to a safer place for a brief period of time there is a list.

sinclair1

My sister in Alaska laughs at all the folks in the south needing all the supply's :rofl: she lives full time in sub zero with a Hatchet, matches and stocked freezer :stir:

Don't need much ammo when the zombies die off before they reach you.:huh:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Don`t need much, whatever else I might need Nature will furnish, and I`m already real close to where I would want to be. Me and mine will do alright.

Useless possessions will tie you down worse`n a boat anchor.

Fletch_W

Banned
Natural Disaster- my wallet ... drive to safety and check into Marriot using my Marriot points.

Complete Economic / Government collapse ... Stay right where I am.

Sorry I can't play along, but I just can't think of a reason I'll need to bug out, other than a natural disaster. And klick beads won't be as important as American Express.

sinclair1

Natural Disaster- my wallet ... drive to safety and check into Marriot using my Marriot points.

Complete Economic / Government collapse ... Stay right where I am.

Sorry I can't play along, but I just can't think of a reason I'll need to bug out, other than a natural disaster. And klick beads won't be as important as American Express.
I guess you have never been in a evacuation, the first few rich guys to get to the Marriott buy every room for his peeps. The gas is gone and the roads are jammed.

Did you see how fast they cleaned out the grocery store when a glitch made EBT unlimited?

Gonna need cash to stay in uncle willys old camper because he don't take Amex.

ryanh487

I guess you have never been in a evacuation, the first few rich guys to get to the Marriott buy every room for his peeps. The gas is gone and the roads are jammed.

Did you see how fast they cleaned out the grocery store when a glitch made EBT unlimited?

Gonna need cash to stay in uncle willys old camper because he don't take Amex.

I can vouch for this from experience.

Went to Jersey after hurricane sandy with the tree company I worked for at the time. Wasn't a free hotel room within 3 hours of ground zero, and no hotels with power within an hour. Spent 5 nights sleeping in the non-reclining front seat of my wrangler with all my supplies in the back. If there's a predicted natural disaster that you think would warrant evac, batten down the hatches and head a few states away for a vacation.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
People wont be running away from Adaiville, they run toward it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't need to bug out, I already am. Don't where I'd go to that's better. Got plenty guns, ammo, food, and ways to get more food. I'd stock up on cigs, Cope, and likker. Or I can make them, too. No need to buy a bunch of stuff, I'll just shoot all y'all from the burbs and take your stuff when you come fleeing to the mountains. :bounce:

sinclair1

I don't need to bug out, I already am. Don't where I'd go to that's better. Got plenty guns, ammo, food, and ways to get more food. I'd stock up on cigs, Cope, and likker. Or I can make them, too. No need to buy a bunch of stuff, I'll just shoot all y'all from the burbs and take your stuff when you come fleeing to the mountains. :bounce:
:rofl: there are advantages of living in the burbs as a cityneck. I have more guns than all my neighbors, so you won't get me until I run out of tree huggers to pillage.:cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:rofl: there are advantages of living in the burbs as a cityneck. I have more guns than all my neighbors, so you won't get me until I run out of tree huggers to pillage.:cool:

:bounce:

Big7

The Oracle

Ha Ha! That's kinda' like what I'm thinking..

I have a few canned goods and stuff like that..

What I DO HAVE is a BUNCH of things that go "boom". ;)

Sooner or later, during such an event, ALL the folks
will come to you for protection.. They will be happy to feed you too..

sinclair1

Ha Ha! That's kinda' like what I'm thinking..

I have a few canned goods and stuff like that..

What I DO HAVE is a BUNCH of things that go "boom". ;)

Sooner or later, during such an event, ALL the folks
will come to you for protection.. They will be happy to feed you too..
:fine: I can save money, but when it comes to storing food, I suck. I bought several months supply and slowly ate it all during the year.:smash: I live a 1/2 mile from Kroger but my storage food is closer:rofl:

Redbow

I don't think most folks have an inkling about how it would really be if things in this country really went south. Do you really think others will leave you alone no matter where you are or where you go? You will have to protect what you have 24/7, if the masses are starving they will either shoot you or burn you out at night either way they will eventually get you and what you have..

I ain't a going nowhere but right here at home. No doubt I will go down but I will go down swinging..There isn't many places you can go without someone else already being there, if they are not there when you arrive, they soon will be..

calibob1

COMMIE LOVER TROLL
A generator and a tv ,if the wife can't watch The Voice there's no living with her.

Dr. Strangelove

Well, in the old days I could have lived a pretty good while on my sailboat, she was well stocked, didn't require fuel, and keeps you away from most of the riff-raff (except boat owning riff-raff).

These days, if the distribution system broke down, I'd be out of my heart meds pretty quick, so I'm not sure how long I'd last.

Fletch_W

Banned
I guess you have never been in a evacuation

I've been in two.

I follow the weather, I wasnt caught off-guard and was well-prepared ahead of time.

When you live on the coast during Hurricane season, smart people already have their gas cans filled in their garage and never let their cars get much below half tank.

madsam

uuuhhh Beer makin kit,roll of skoal, 22 with a pocket full
of bullets and all my fried pork skins I got for my birthday......